Ok i have the Line 6 Spider II and it sounds a little to "digital" for me. I remembered you were like able to change the settings by pressing like a "code" of buttons or something? Is there anyway to take the digital-ness away? And anyone know the "codes"?

Like for EXAMPLE!

Hold down clean channel button, then turn nob to phaser to unlock extra distortion.
My Setup

Guitar-Jackson Dinky *Black*

Pickups- 2 Seymour Duncans

Tremolo- Floyd Rose

AMP- Line 6 Spider II

Men are monkeys, monkeys are monkeys.

Wait.. WTF?!
Ehh thanks for the spam, anyone else willing to help?
My Setup

Tremolo- Floyd Rose

AMP- Line 6 Spider II

Wait.. WTF?!
Swat Man piss off, he didnt ask for criticism.

Best bet, try the line 6 website, or the manual I remember there were like secret ways of getting the the tuner and noise gate and extra ****. But cant remember exactly how sorry.
Thanks edit since i saw your title*! Yeh my mum just found the manual in my closet =P i'll check it out.
My Setup

Tremolo- Floyd Rose

AMP- Line 6 Spider II

Wait.. WTF?!
Tap Button 'Extra' Functions The Tap Tempo button, in addition to setting the speed of your delay effects, also lets you access a few extra Spider II features: a Tuner, Distortion Boost and a built-in Noise Gate (the tuner and the boost are also accessible via the optional FBV Shortboard). When you hold down the Tap Tempo button, you can use some of Spider II's knobs to access these extra features.

Tuner Mode Press and hold the TAP button or TAP footswitch for 3 seconds or more and and you get instant digital tuner. The volume is muted during tuning so you won't hear anything coming out of the amp. Press any button to exit Tuner Mode. If there is no FBV Shortboard connected, the LEDs on the front panel of the Spider II will work as the tuner display.

The Amp Model LEDs correspond to the following strings on the guitar: Clean = Low E string Twang = A string Blues = D string Crunch = G string Metal = B string Insane = High E string

The Channel memory LEDs indicate when the string you are playing is in tune. Channel B and C should both light GREEN when the sting is in tune. If channel A's LED is lit then the sting is flat. If channel D's LED is lit then the string is sharp.

Distortion Boost Press and hold the Tap button as you turn the Drive knob up past twelve o?clock. As you do this, Spider II's Channel A LED comes on. This gives the kind of extra 'dirt? that you'd expect from a Distortion pedal with the distortion control set low and the output control set high. It boosts your guitar signal before it reaches the Amp Model, so that you hit the model harder and get a more distorted sound. Enabling this is the same as kicking on Stomp on the FBV Shortboard.

Noise Gate Press and hold Tap as you turn the Reverb knob up past twelve o?clock, and you turn on a built-in Noise Gate, which helps to cut down on hiss and noise. When you do this, the Channel D LED comes on to indicate that the Gate is on.

Special Hidden Functions When you select an Amp Model, Spider II automatically sets its tone controls and effects to match that Amp Model. You can disable the auto-FX selection (but not tone control auto-selection) by powering up Spider II with the Channel D button held. The autoselection is re-enabled next time you power up.

Want to know where your Spider II's controls are set in the programmed channels? Hold - and keep holding - the Tap button. Now, before you do anything else, turn the Amp Models knob. This activates Spider II's "Compare" mode. Now turn any knob other than Amp Model and Master Volume, and the channel lights will tell you whether you need to turn that knob up (Channel A lights) or down (Channel D lights) to match the stored setting. The Channel B & C lights will be lit at the same time once the knob position matches the stored setting exactly. You can reset your Spider II's programmable channels to their factory-programmed states by holding down the Channel A button as you turn on the power. Warning: This will erase ALL custom sounds you might have created. Ask yourself, ?Do I really want to do this?? If your answer is yes, then go for it!

Just found this for you online =)
Thanks!!!! One question, i've always wondered what noise gate is...?
My Setup

Tremolo- Floyd Rose

AMP- Line 6 Spider II

Wait.. WTF?!
It cuts noise below a certain threshold. Once you send a signal higher than the threshold (aka play some notes), the gate opens and sound passes through.

The one on the Spider is pretty poor.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Oct 4, 2007,
A noise gate eliminates unwanted hum and background noise when you're not playing
(I think) They can also be used *if used correctly* to tighten up the sound
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Alright thanks for everything guys, god i love this site.
My Setup

Tremolo- Floyd Rose

AMP- Line 6 Spider II

Wait.. WTF?!
Quote by Yngwi3
A noise gate eliminates unwanted hum and background noise when you're not playing
(I think) They can also be used *if used correctly* to tighten up the sound

A noise gate eliminates the hum once the signal drops below the threshold as the user above you posted. They can tighten your signal as you stated as well.

Noise reducers or hum eliminators actually pull crap out of your signal to give you a clearer tone.

If you have unlimited money, your best choice would be a Noise Reducer and a Compressor.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio