Ok i've had this happen to me before and it's back again but this time wont go away. Ok i started playing guitar about 5 years ago. And i used to love to just hit random crap and everything. Then around 3 years ago i was actually able to play some stuff, so anyways. I'm a righty, i strum with my right, and hit notes the guitar with my left. And my left pinky finger is double-jointed. Don't know if that's a good thing, or a bad thing. But for the past 2 years!!! My pinky just REFUSES to play a note. I get unbearable pains if i try to play with it. Like not like AHHHH MY HAND pains, but like painful cramps. Could this be why i can never hit fast notes/solos?
My Setup

Guitar-Jackson Dinky *Black*

Pickups- 2 Seymour Duncans

Tremolo- Floyd Rose

AMP- Line 6 Spider II

Men are monkeys, monkeys are monkeys.

Wait.. WTF?!
Using your pinky wont make you play faster, it will just add more efficiency and flexibility. Without your pinky, you're limiting your skill and playing, which isn't good.

Maybe you should try stretching a bit more before practice, and slowly work your pinky into your playing. If you can't use it well, then I suggest doing little drills/exercises to build it up.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
Quote by PJBRoC
Ok i've had this happen to me before and it's back again but this time wont go away. Ok i started playing guitar about 5 years ago. And i used to love to just hit random crap and everything. Then around 3 years ago i was actually able to play some stuff, so anyways. I'm a righty, i strum with my right, and hit notes the guitar with my left. And my left pinky finger is double-jointed. Don't know if that's a good thing, or a bad thing. But for the past 2 years!!! My pinky just REFUSES to play a note. I get unbearable pains if i try to play with it. Like not like AHHHH MY HAND pains, but like painful cramps. Could this be why i can never hit fast notes/solos?

Yeah, a lot of people have a real problem with their pinky. You could do light and easy exercises with it, like holding the fifth fret on any string with your middle finger and trying to hit the 7th fret with your pinky. You can use your ring finger for support. Eventually, it will get stronger.

Good luck with it!
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Thanks for your support guys! Ok if i do the ya know pinky excersises like beginners do, how long should it take for my pinky to build strength. And like i mean like practice it like a couple of hours a day. Cause i wanna play with my pinky VERY bad.
My Setup

Tremolo- Floyd Rose

AMP- Line 6 Spider II

Wait.. WTF?!
I have a problem kind of like yours. Both of my pinky fingers are crooked at the last joint, nex to my finger nails. It doesn't really affect my right hand that I strum with, but my left hand it is hard as hell to use my pinky finger to hit a note with, so most of the time I just use my other three fingers. Which makes it difficult to play a lot of the stuff that I would like to play and it slow me down.
Never rush your practice. Time takes its time, and you will have to practice for a while. Slowly build the strength.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
Thanks blues, and disturbed that's EXACTLY what i have to do. My index ring and middle are perfect. But my pinky is SO weak due to it never being able to play notes.
My Setup

Tremolo- Floyd Rose

AMP- Line 6 Spider II

Wait.. WTF?!
i get this once in a while, when i try to stretch i get a cramp.
it goes away after a while
just keep playing and try and ignore the pain a bit, not too much that you could hurt yourself though
it'll go away, you just need to stretch