is there some sort of program that i can use in order to help me tab out a song.

what i'm looking for is something that will "listen" to the song and perhaps tell me what notes are being played. what i'm trying to do is tab out bass for a reggae song (no tabs can be found of it on the internet). i can solo in on the bass frequency so all the other instruments aren't a problem when i listen to it.

any comments are aprreciated!
Quote by Serial 177
guitar pro 5

and how would i go about doing what i want to do in guitar pro 5?
There isn't any software that can listen to a song and tab it out for you, and the ones that attempt it are rather **** and not worth bothering with. They generally work on the principle of attempting to convert the mp3 to MIDI and then translate that onto something like powertab, but the problem is that they just get confused with multi-intruments (and multi-notes) and so just don't work.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by Andrewbiles
There isn't any software that can listen to a song and tab it out for you, and the ones that attempt it are rather **** and not worth bothering with. They generally work on the principle of attempting to convert the mp3 to MIDI and then translate that onto something like powertab, but the problem is that they just get confused with multi-intruments (and multi-notes) and so just don't work.

i have software to filter out other instruments. where can i find the software that you speak of?