does anyone have any tips for singing and playing or practise methods to improve???
Yes - know your instrument like the back of your hand. It all comes with being a good guitar player first, then venturing into doing both. Get good at your open chords, barre chords, etc. and try not to look at the guitar when you're playing.
Make sure you have the guitar part completely down first.

As soon as it is second nature, then start singing. It's obviously harder on some songs where one of the lines is syncopated while the other isn't it. On songs like that, just take it slow and work it out.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Get the chords down so that they're almost second-nature to play. Then practice singing.
i just like to search for the song on ug and play along to the lyrics with the chords above, after a few go's at that its pretty easy to remember
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
watch tv while trying to play a song. make sure u can play it all the way thru well first. maybe u can look down when u change or for hard changes.
i pretty much have the song laid down but im playing lead for sweet child AND singing ive bin practising now for lyk 2 and a half months i just cant get it right!
Playing lead and singing is just a matter of time. The tv suggestion is what i was going to say or play the song and have a conversation with yourself. sounds silly but it works.
yeah, what the dude rhysm said. and also first become master of the guitar and then master of guitar and singing, altough its easy to sing and play, i dont know why people worry to much about that
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by ldnovelo
yeah, what the dude rhysm said. and also first become master of the guitar and then master of guitar and singing, altough its easy to sing and play, i dont know why people worry to much about that

Because he's playing something *slightly* more complicated than just chords?
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
do this over and over again til u get it right- it helps to loosen up your fingers. when u get it down, start doing it w/ hammer ons, then pull offs, etc

l------------------------------------------------------------------------------0-1-2-3-4-5-------
l---------------------------------------------------------------0-1-2-3-4-5----------------------
l------------------------------------------------0-1-2-3-4-5-------------------------------------
l--------------------------------0-1-2-3-4-5-----------------------------------------------------
l----------------0--1-2-3-4-5--------------------------------------------------------------------
l-0-1-2-3-4-5------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

keep jammin
but singing and playing leads its easy too. i also played and sang sweet child on my last show, i dont play songs that are just chords, i also play all the lead parts and solos, and i had to sing that cuz the vocalist didint remember the lyrics.

just talk with yourself, while playing that, its easier that way.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
^hey you have that on tape? cause that would be a pretty good listen im sure.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by ldnovelo
but singing and playing leads its easy too. i also played and sang sweet child on my last show, i dont play songs that are just chords, i also play all the lead parts and solos, and i had to sing that cuz the vocalist didint remember the lyrics.

just talk with yourself, while playing that, its easier that way.

Quote by jj1565
^hey you have that on tape? cause that would be a pretty good listen im sure.

I believe Jenny just called "bull****" in her sneaky and seductive way .
Quote by utsapp89
Memorize your tabs and such. Be sure you know the guitar and everything about it with expertise! Then practise singing at a poster or something without looking at your guitar. AT ALL.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
If you know theory, work out where the syllables of the words correspond to the beats in the barin conjunction to the guitar part. If not, do everything everyone else has said, then practice rubbing youur stomach and patting your head at the same time (multi-tasking, biatch). That way you can do two things at once with out thinking about it. The same principal applies to singing and guitar...ing.