Page 1 of 3
lol me and my mate got talking and...

As you may know the sex pistols are re realeaseing never mind the bollocks. And god save the queen appranently is guna make it to number one in britsh charts.

Now if it did my mate said.... Punk will suddenly become really popular, scene kids will turn punk. It will be 1977 all over again!!

But i dunno ...
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
It's not like its a new band. Just record companies trying to make more money
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
i hope punk does make a comeback as long as it isnt commercial rubbish thats on pissin radio 1 or XFM all the time.
No endeavour rivals science in its incremental progress towards a more complete understanding of the observable universe.
well, punk hasn't really ever died so how could it be coming back if it's been here all along
founder of the MXPX group, pm me to join

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!!!

Wii number: 7054 3894 4223 2011
Johnny "Rotten" has moved on from the Sex Pistols. and the bands that call themselves "punk", other than Rise Against and some others, arent too great.
And re-releasing an album is a way to make money for the record company and the artist. They have their legacy. they dont need to re-release for popularity.
Okay, here's how it goes.

Sex Pistols re-release an album THROUGH A MAJOR RECORD COMPANY.

Old people buy it in order to convince themselves that they were part of something hip and happening.

Young people buy it in order to re-live a time when music seemed relevant and interesting.

The major record labels make more money.

It's not a comeback for Punk, it's a comeback for a small part of something that was punk.

Will the re-issue have all the swearing bleeped out?
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
What's wrong with ripping idiots off for their money?

You seriously need to calm the **** down about people wanting to have more money than they need for basic sustenance. Humans need luxuries, y'know?

Punk won't make a comeback. A few crappy emo/indie bands will start up thinking they sound like the pistols, but actually don't. One of these bands (either the probes or their rival band, the lactics) will sign to EMI within a number of weeks.

There's a couple of things that everyone here should remember...

1.) In this day and age, independent labels run and rip you off, just like the majors. They might not have the big corporate ties to the heavyweights, but you can bet your bottom dollar that they've got similar, if not the same, pressing as the majors, with the underpaid immigrants working 12 hour shifts operating machines, and the same mainstream distribution deals, albeit with crappier, cheap (but essential) companies like Pinnacle.

2.) What would be a comeback for punk? a huge movement? Nope, punk never was that. Punk has always been tiny, it was never in style for a fleeting second. Good? punk's never been good, there's always been a load of crap.
If you think punk is just making a comeback now, and hasn't been alive and well all this time, you've been missing out.
Quote by stratele
scene kids will turn punk..

You have it backwards. All the punk kids turned scene a few years ago.
The rerelease of 1 album will probably not make punk super-mainstream like your hoping it will. And I completely agree with what BrianApocalypse said.
it won't come back.

besides, punk already has scene kids, they're called the casualties.

lol, but honestly, punk won't ever be mainstream, real punk that is. cause you can't sell punk.

you can sell indie (although that should be impossible, you can do it)
you can't sell punk.
Did you hear? They're putting a Sex Pistols song on Guitar Hero III.

Yup, it's gonna be like a ****ing paradise where there are only punks and there'll never be scene kids again?
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by axeslash
Did you hear? They're putting a Sex Pistols song on Guitar Hero III.

Yup, it's gonna be like a ****ing paradise where there are only punks and there'll never be scene kids again?

its going to be funny, because in the coop part where you have to play bass, the only thing you'll have to do is unplug the person's controller playing bass and you'll get 100% accuracy for them.

Anyway, punk never left, just morphed into a different beast. Anyway, corporate scum are always looking for something "cool" or "hip" to merchandise to the masses, so many people buy in because they don't understand what they are supporting. When you buy pretty much anything in a record store (big chain, maybe not local small stores) you'll pay maybe 20$ for a CD, 18$ go to the companies, and probably about 2$ go to the actual musicians. So, in order to support music, you should go to shows!
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
punk has never died. it just went underground.
people who say punk is dead are people who cant accept change. music changed, you dont see any metal bands sounding like iron maiden nowadays
Quote by recklessnick
punk has never died. it just went underground.
people who say punk is dead are people who cant accept change. music changed, you dont see any metal bands sounding like iron maiden nowadays

....power metal bands do.
any band who does does a song with harmonized 3rds and a galloping bassline, therefore, all power metal bands that suck.
Sure......
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by misfitsdisciple
its going to be funny, because in the coop part where you have to play bass, the only thing you'll have to do is unplug the person's controller playing bass and you'll get 100% accuracy for them.

Sid Vicious jokes for the win.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
See, the thing about things like punk, is that when they come back, there won't be a big boom. This revolution will not be televised.
Punk coming back? It never really left. In both the underground and the mainstream punk has been pretty popular, but the latter in a very superficial way.
Quote by misfitsdisciple

buuuuurrrnnn
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
this might sound stupid to some, but what is scene? (as in people)
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Quote by EvilDomo
this might sound stupid to some, but what is scene? (as in people)

People who listen to ****ty metalcore bands, act arrogant and have stupid skin-tight jeans and retarded haircuts, the guys are unbearably dickish, the girls are nasty herpes-ridden sluts, they're all obsessed with MySpace and use MySpace language and culture in real life, most of them go by a name that they use on their MySpace profile that uses their first name and an alliterated but unrelated nonsense word for their surname (examples: GaryGLASSJAW, AlexANIMOSITY, ChrissyCRISIS, ElenaELECTRIC), and they're basically just fake people who act like everyone else either to be accepted and become part of something, or to be accepted and get laid by other people who dress and act the same way.

It's basically a culture of manipulation and deceit, too. Scene girls can't be trusted, and neither can scene guys. It's all about drama. Mark my words. (EDIT: You can usually count on them being sexist, too. And if they're "hardcore" scene kids, you can bet they're homophobic)

You probably know scene kids but didn't know that's what they were called.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Last edited by JesusOfSbrbia at Oct 5, 2007,
Quote by recklessnick
power metal bands do suck. but iron maiden dont. MAIDEN, RULE!

no, just crappy power metal bands suck.

and yeah, punk wasnever mainstream, isn't mainstream, and will never be.
I think the best thing you can do is not be concerned about what's underground and what's mainstream. And if punk became "the next big thing" in the mainstream (which it won't) and all the 12 year old girls stop listening to [insert Fueled by Ramen band here that isn't Lifetime] and start listening to.....uh...well let's go with Lifetime or someone similar to Lifetime, it wouldn't (or shouldn't) change a thing about what's great with that band in the first place.
Quote by Avopeac

Three Days Grace="I HATE MUH PARENTZ" rock.
Cannibal Corpse="I ATE MUH PARENTZ" rock

Punk never really went away, its just that once the initial shock was lost it wasnt on the media radar any more!

Quote by MastaBassist10
See, the thing about things like punk, is that when they come back, there won't be a big boom. This revolution will not be televised.

Nice use of the Gil Scott Heron song there (At least I think thats what you were referencing)
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Punk has NEVER been popular in the mainstream.

It has always been a minor subculture.

Yeah it has/is in a superficial, degrading kind of way. The amount of companies that try and "punk" up their image is ridiculous. But personally I'm not bothered, it's pretty amusing.
Quote by radio_schizo
Yeah it has/is in a superficial, degrading kind of way. The amount of companies that try and "punk" up their image is ridiculous. But personally I'm not bothered, it's pretty amusing.

Nope, punk's always been the underclass in the charts AND mainstream.
Quote by sargasm
You have it backwards. All the punk kids turned scene a few years ago.

yep
peace & chemicals
Quote by blackflag49
Yeah, they used to show it all the time on Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, etc..

I just don't get why they would have it on those kids channels because none of them would get it. Also If they were tr00 punx they would've beat up the cop.
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Oct 6, 2007,
Quote by blackflag49
I think he means stuff like this

Is it wrong that I liked the song?
brnh.bandcamp.com
Quote by I_Pwn
Is it wrong that I liked the song?
No l love that commercial
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Page 1 of 3