Page 1 of 2
I don't really care if there's already a TBS thread on the brink of extinction somewhere, this is far too important/fresh to warrant a search.

Fred has left Taking Back Sunday, announced an hour ago.

Thursday, October 04, 2007

We Have Some News

After four great years and two successful gold albums together, Fred has decided to leave Taking Back Sunday to pursue his solo career. We wish him well and we are working on the next Taking Back Sunday album as we speak.

We wanted to let you guys know and then get back to working on the music. No drama, just riffs.

On that note, Fred's album The Color Fred's BEND TO BREAK is coming out on October 30.

The Louder Now Parttwo CD/DVD is coming out November 20. You want webisodes, we got webisodes. You want unreleased live videos? Got that too. Lots of bounus features and behind the scenes goodies on this one. More on that soon.

The next Taking Back Sunday album is in its very early stages. As always, we will be updating you on that as we go along.

Thanks guys!
WTF?!?!?!?!?!?! I never thought he'd leave. Who do you think will replace him?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
that sucks a whole load
WHITE STRIPES

Quote by Placenta_07
I look at boobs and bums and stuff I get really horny and stuff.

PARTY OF SPECIAL THINGS TO DO
Quote by fake_sk8r182
No idea, probably someone relatively unknown. Maybe Adam will pull some strings with his new bird and one of the Eisley boys will join
What if John rejoined???? I know its not going to happen but still......
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Not really.

Fred was holding that band together I think; I'd much rather see him put his talent into something worthwhile (i.e. a solo project) than see him try and carry an entire band who haven't really put out anything of note since 2004...

+ it gives TBS a chance to get their act together with someone new.

Edit: Unfortunately, John will never rejoin...I wish he would; when I found out the first thing I thought was "Oh man...how sick would it be if John re-joined".

I think the best we can hope for is someone who brings something fresh to the table. As talented as Fred is, I couldn't help thinking that TBS just found the closest thing to John they possibly could.
Last edited by fake_sk8r182 at Oct 4, 2007,
That's pretty mental. I used to be a massive TBS fan in the Where You Want To Be days, but now I've grown out of it a bit (not to say that it's for younger people). I still love some old classics though and it's pretty sad that he left. I don't like it when people leave for their own solo careers (Charlotte Hatherley of Ash). There's no good reason for it other than pretty much selfishness in my opinion.
Quote by Paul Lambeth
It's like having the best orgasm of your life ever, but in your brain, and the opposite of that.
i want the guy who started out with em to come back. that would be awesome, and lots of the fans want him to. i hope he can. but itll probably some1 relatively unkown, like a bandmate's friend.
Never really liked him anyways.

I hope they get someone good, and someone with a good voice preferably.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by the_astronaut
Never really liked him anyways.

I hope they get someone good, and someone with a good voice preferably.

I'm listening to The Color Fred stuff right now and its sounding really good. I hope his solo career works out.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
I'm listening to The Color Fred stuff right now and its sounding really good. I hope his solo career works out.

Ehh, it's rare that I like acoustic stuff anyways (it is acoustic if I remember rightly?), but yeah, never liked him.

I was wondering how long it would be before John's name came up. He's not coming back kids.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by the_astronaut
Ehh, it's rare that I like acoustic stuff anyways (it is acoustic if I remember rightly?), but yeah, never liked him.

I was wondering how long it would be before John's name came up. He's not coming back kids.
Yeah its acoustic, and I love acoustic

Yeah I know John's never coming back, but I can dream right?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

which one was fred agian? (not a big tbs fan, so idk)
founder of the MXPX group, pm me to join

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!!!

Wii number: 7054 3894 4223 2011
Quote by J.A.R.
which one was fred agian? (not a big tbs fan, so idk)
The one that played guitar and sang.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

i just found this out like 10 minutes ago. fred was my hero.....

i hope they get someone who plays some insane solos. then, i might not be as disappointed.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by element4433
The one that played guitar and sang.

oh wow really, that's a major blow for them
founder of the MXPX group, pm me to join

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!!!

Wii number: 7054 3894 4223 2011
Quote by J.A.R.
oh wow really, that's a major blow for them
It's happened before, when John (now of Straylight Run) left.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Meh...Good. I dislike Fred and I hate TBS after TAYF.

edit : After listening to that electric song on the color fred's myspace my dislike for him is reaffirmed
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Last edited by Guitarist132 at Oct 4, 2007,
ow
i didnt see that coming
aww man
im gonna miss him
im not worried for tbs they've bounced back before
the only thing im kinda worried about is that i hope they dont change their style
wow this sucks, i love fred's vocals with adams
it was a good combo
rrrrr. i just dont what to say
im in shock
He sucked when he first joined, but by the time Louder Now was out he was solid, and fit the band well. Seeing how he related to them on the TBS DVD, they looked so close, like they'd be a band for ages.

I hope they get someone good!
fred was coool man. he was no john nolan, but yknow. he was a good addition to the tbs crew. oh well. theyll get someone.

i quite like the color fred.
we just have to hope that another band won't break up, because TBS takes their guitarist...

i dunno. this makes no sense to me. why can't fred be in tbs and still work on his project? especially since the album is coming out soon, which means he HAS been working on it. :/
oh well. i'm sick of tbs doing this ****. they're going to be a completely different band now. at least when it happened fsf they stayed remotely the same..except the last album.
I read the myspace bulletin literally 2 mins after they sent it. I'm sad about it, but life goes on, and so will their brilliant music. Good luck to Fred with all his solo stuff such as The Color Fred
Simon

You look just your mother...

You look just like your father...

Forgive him our father...

Your Son is smiling...
I refuse to listen to The Color Fred, just because the name The Color Fred is absolutely retarded.
Quote by noxiosimitator
I play guitar long then half the people here .. and I suck double as much

EDIT: on the guitar
EDIT EDIT: in playing with my guitar
EDIT EDIT EDIT: I give up
+1

didn't he let the fans choose his artist name?
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
he was the guy with the beard.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
Quote by FatKidsOnMopeds</3
i dunno. this makes no sense to me. why can't fred be in tbs and still work on his project? especially since the album is coming out soon, which means he HAS been working on it. :/

this article explains his reasons.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1571245/20071004/taking_back_sunday.jhtml

my first thought when i read about this was "doesn't straylight run have a new album?"
Quote by Slut
I refuse to listen to The Color Fred, just because the name The Color Fred is absolutely retarded.
Yeah its a horrible name.''

After reading the MTV article, I understand the reason Fred left. I think I would do the same in that situation
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

I'm pretty sure he didn't just leave because of his solo project. I mean the guy is like 30 something and has like 2 or 3 kids. The older you get, it gets to a point where its either you and your band, or your kids and your family. I have a lot of respect for Fred for not being selfish and being there to watch his kids grow up instead of being on tour all year playing music for people half his age.
yeah, fred did make a good choice i guess. so hopefully he'll add in some sweet electric solos on his the color fred album? hopefully...

but now that i've read that article, i respect his decision.

Quote by FatKidsOnMopeds</3
i know i'm not one to talk, but i ****ing agree.
In the MTV article, Fred says the he knows its a dumb name, but the fans voted for it.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

I was gutted when I heard I thought Fred was pretty awesome, especially cos the first TBS album I got was Louder Now, so I don't have the John Nolan bias that some of the older fans have.

When I heard that he was putting out a solo album and devoting loads of time to it I kinda thought this might happen. Apparently he was trying to contribute ideas for the new TBS album and the rest of the band were shooting them down cos they were 'too pop', so I suppose he was justified in leaving if he really wants to follow a different path. The Colour Fred is a really stupid name to be fair I don't really rate the music either!
so i went to the color fred's myspace.....and its not acoustic! it actually sounds pretty awesome. im starting to not feel as bad about him leaving even though taking back sunday is 10 times more awesome than fred could ever be alone....

Edit: Well, one of the two songs isnt acoustic...

Last edited by Its_Rock77 at Oct 6, 2007,
Page 1 of 2