When you turn my Crate amp around on the right side there's a rectangular metal box with 2 plugs going into it, same thing on my ValveKing. Is this the reverb tank? I keep hearing about reverb tanks and if it really is would it be possible to switch them? I love the reverb on my Crate but the reverb on the Valveking is...crap. They both have the same plugs and everything. Dumb question but if it's possible to switch reverbs then I'm happy. If not looks like I'm getting a reverb pedal.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Last edited by CM_X5 at Oct 4, 2007,
yes, that's your reverb tank. yes, you can swap them. yes, the swap between the two peavey's would work fine and easy. but also, if it's not switchable, you should buy a pedal anyway like the holy grail just fro variety and switchability. have fun. i love reverb.
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
Yeah, it's the reverb. The swap might not do too much, though- a lot of your reverb tone is because of the circuit inside the amp, so you might not see much of a difference. It's worth a shot, I guess, just for fun.
So switching them might not do much of anything then?

Might have to opt for the Holy Grail reverb then...oh well. I'll probably still try just for the heck of it.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab