hey all,
i have a guitar with an active pup in the bridge and a passive pup in the neck. right now each pup has it's own output jack. i find that a bit cumbersome. can anyone tell me if it's possible to have both pups share one output? and if so, how?
thanks!
-j
you could, but it would be a prettty complicated wiring setup, as actives really arent intended to be paired with a passive. what are the pickups?
NOPE
no its not. maybe if u could find a y-split cord. passives and actives are impossible to wire to the same sitch and pot set. idk why, but they are.
thanks for the reply. it's an emg 81 in the bride and i believe a dimarzio PAF pro in the neck.

-j
thats my plans for my three pup lp out the window then

thats all i need
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
Quote by qotsa1998
no its not. maybe if u could find a y-split cord. passives and actives are impossible to wire to the same sitch and pot set. idk why, but they are.

They use different pots. actives use 25k (single coil) and 50k low impendance pots and passives have 250k (singles) and 500k (hum). there may be other reasons but thats what I know.

Also a Y cable would be the same as hooking it up to one output jack.
Almost all actives use 25k pots. It's what EMG supplies with all their active pickups.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
Almost all actives use 25k pots. It's what EMG supplies with all their active pickups.

Oh Im no expert on them but I knew that there was 25k and 50k used so I figured same applications for them as 250k and 500k would make sence. Thanks for clearing that up.