The 1962 ‘Burns Split Sound 6 String Bass’

This is a unique opportunity to own a piece of British guitar history and to own what is possibly the rarest production run Burns Bass of all, as well as an extremely rare chance to own the same model that 'John Paul Jones' of Led zeppelin used in the 60s there were few of these built, I've only come accross five in 45 years, this Bass is from the original batch confirmed by the push on trem cover, trem covers on later models were secured by screws, it is just about all original, the nut was replaced recently as the previous owner used it strung for standard guitar playing; the strings have been custom made at ‘Newtone Strings’ (phone number available) as no other manufacturer makes strings for this scale of Bass which is standard guitar scale. The bass can actually be strung with guitar strings, and used as such; it would require a weaker spring on the trem system. I used one of these basses from 1963-1969.

This Bass shows all the signs of wear and tear that is to expected in a regular/well gigged 45 year old Bass.
Price £2000 GBP

More photographs are available, for further details contact seller by PM, photos sent by Email via email.
Attachments:
6 string Burns.jpg
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Last edited by John Swift at Oct 4, 2007,
that's a bass????
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Yes It's a Bass (See Photo) I also used one in the 60s from 63-69 it is in the same register as a standard bass guitar the Bottom E is a 100.
Attachments:
P1010026.jpg
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn