alright so i have an ibanez rg1570 and ive had it for about 4 months. from what ive heard ibanez makes some pretty fine guitars, and this one was a little pricey itself so i'd expect it to be pretty good. but i seem to have a problem: it always goes out of tune.

if i touch the tremelo arm and alter the pitch of a note more than 2 steps, it goes out of tune.

if i leave it in its case it goes out of tune.

if i bend it a lot on the higher frets (i found this while trying the enter sandman solo) it goes out of tune.

is there any particular reason it does this, and anything i can do to fix it? i like using the tremelo arm and bending strings, so if this keeps up im going to have to sell the guitar, which i really dont wanna do...
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
IS it a licensed floyd?
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by NightmareXT
Are the screws on your nut locked? Is your FR level with the body?

in addition to this it could also be the setup
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Quote by NightmareXT
Are the screws on your nut locked? Is your FR level with the body?

What he said^^

Also, maybe you should be able to notice things like that before you buy a pricey guitar??? Did it no do that with the tremolo, etc. when you bought it?
Quote by DiMeTiMe
+3.141592

Quote by imgooley
It was such a good suggestion you gave him pi?

yeah, he gave me pi.
Quote by somewhat_here
i put lip balm on the nut and bridge. it helps.

explain?
^like lube you know? wherever the strings contact the nut or bridge i put lip balm around the strings. i have a squire jagmaster too btw and it stays in tune quite well, maybe a tweak of G and low E sometimes. and i use the whammy bar a bit too so maybe your guitar sucks. haha jk.
well, recently ive noticed the trem wasn't level with the body of the guitar, i plan on getting that fixed ASAP

and the one i tried in the store wasn't the one that i bought, and that one was fine

im going to go get a pickup installed so i'll ask the people at GC to level the tremelo, how much do you think it'd cost? or could it be a DIY?

thanks for the replies guys

edit: also it seems to be the g that goes out of tune the most often, any particular reason why?
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
flip the guitar over, take off the cover. tighten the two screws in there or add a spring. until the bridge is level.

once it is, itll stay in tune for you
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011