After all this research I think I want an ac30, but at the price of around $1000, it's pretty expensive, I could most probably get one new or used around summertime. Since I already have around $400 saved.

But I read that the Peavey Delta Blues is a great well priced amp and I heard it does the AC30 sound well...anyone have experiance with it?

Also is the AC30 that much better than the Delta Blues that it's worth the wait of another year?

I want to try these amps but all i've found in the store are the classic 30's and I haven't seen a used AC30. (Feel bad about trying a new AC30 in the store knowing I won't buy it.)

Might go to the store again this weekend and see what I can play.

Edit: I decided not to go with the Blues Junior tried and loved the sound but I don't think i'd get much if any headroom with a band unmiced.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Don't feel bad if you're considering buying it one day. Just try it out.

And the Delta Blues is a very nice amp. It's certainly worth trying, along with my amp, the Ampeg Reverberocket (if you can find one, i dont know if they make them anymore).
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by zeppelinpage4
After all this research I think I want an ac30, but at the price of around $1000, it's pretty expensive, I could most probably get one new or used around summertime. Since I already have around $400 saved.

But I read that the Peavey Delta Blues is a great well priced amp and I heard it does the AC30 sound well...anyone have experiance with it?

Also is the AC30 that much better than the Delta Blues that it's worth the wait of another year?

I want to try these amps but all i've found in the store are the classic 30's and I haven't seen a used AC30. (Feel bad about trying a new AC30 in the store knowing I won't buy it.)

Might go to the store again this weekend and see what I can play.

Edit: I decided not to go with the Blues Junior tried and loved the sound but I don't think i'd get much if any headroom with a band unmiced.

i drown out my hard hitting drummer + two marshall 50w 4x10s + 800w bass 4x10s with voluem at 12 and master at 4... and with a blues jr, you can turn down ur volume knob on ur guitar to 1.5, and it'll be about the same volume. but no matter how hard u strum, it's still clean. that's when cranked. (i tried with an attenuator. 12 and 12.)
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Yeah, I think slats owns an AC30 and is also a big fan of the Peavey Delta Blues, so he'll give you a really good opinion here.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Thanks for mentioning that, I actually got the idea for the Delta Blues from Slats who suggested it before, so I might send him over a PM seeing as how he's played both.
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

*cough*Don't forget about the Ampeg*cough*

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
^ Don't worry.

I looked up some vids of it after you mentioned the amp, i'll try to keep a look out for a used one definitely something of interest.

Quote by zeppelinpage4

That's your call. The AC30 is an awesome amp. I absolutely love it. If you look used, you might be able to find a good price on the bastard step-child of the family, the AC30CC1 (the one I have). Same amplifier found in the 2x12 or head version, but a 1x12 combo. For some reason, these get less love than the other two models (and has been discontinued as a result). But it's great. Even then, you're probably paying the same for the used AC30 that you'd pay for a new Delta Blues.

I recently picked up a Classic 30 because it became available to me, but I wanted the Delta Blues. The AC30's my main amp, and I felt the DB would make a perfect back-up. I think it's very similar to the AC30 voice-wise, and also has the tremolo circuit which I put to use. My biggest complaint about both these Peavey's is the lack of a standby switch. I find that annoying. But the amp itself has a great sound. I prefer the 1x15 model. That speaker's just a nice match. I think the slower response time on the bigger speaker adds to the vintage-ness or something. But I like it.

The Reverberocket is another great, discontinued amp. They still make the Super Jet, though, which is worth a look.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
If I were in your situation, I'd buy a used Delta Blues (or other comparable amp) and play that for a year until I could afford the AC30. If you find a used DB at a good price then you should be able to break even on that when it comes time to sell it and move up to the AC30. So you'll still be saving up for the AC30, but at least you'll have a nice amp to play through until then.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by yeahyeah
If I were in your situation, I'd buy a used Delta Blues (or other comparable amp) and play that for a year until I could afford the AC30. If you find a used DB at a good price then you should be able to break even on that when it comes time to sell it and move up to the AC30. So you'll still be saving up for the AC30, but at least you'll have a nice amp to play through until then.

I would also do this.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
if you already have 400 and you think you can get the rest of the money (700) then I think you should buy the ac30. thats what I am going to do, I have around 600, but by the end of the month, if everything goes according to plan, I will have around 1200
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
I have a peavey classic 50, and with the right brand of tubes, it can get reasonably close to the AC30's clean tone.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Hey I don't feel the need to crowd the forum with another amp thread, so i'll add to my current topic.

Anyways I don't know whether to go for a Vox AC30 CC1 or CC2?
I know Vox AC30's are known for two speakers, but is it gonna matter much? I want something I can play medium or small gigs with, but still be able to use to record.

To get those nice Zep tones and such.

Should we have a separate forum just for Slats to answer questions? He swears by his CC1. People always view AC30's as 2x12's, hence this discontinuation of the CC1. Or maybe it isn't I dunno. But great deal and lower price so thumbs up. Plus, you could get an extension cab if it isn't projecting enough.
Ben
Yeah it seems like i'd be better with a smaller one speaker amp, and also yes a lot of this is basically stuff I heard from Slats...actually a Slats having his own personal questions thread isn't a bad idea.

Plus later on I could probably get a 2x12 with some nice speakers...

Let me know when a paying job opens up here at UG...

Yes, I swear by my CC1. It's an awesome amp. As awesome as the 2x12, because it's identical other than the fact that there's only a single speaker in it! The reason they were (are? sometimes I still see them new) so close in price to the base 2x12 is that the speaker in the 1x12 is that much more expensive than the Wharfdales in the CC2. I'm sure that was a major issue for people: Why should I spend $950 on the 1x12 if I can get the 2x12 for $1000?

Certainly understandable. I thought the same thing. I wasn't looking for the CC1, it found me. Sitting in a scrap heap of Crates and SS Marshalls in a pawn shop like a glowing jewel. I jumped without hesitating, and never looked back.

All AC30's can run either an extension or external speaker, too. The speaker in the CC1 has some nice tone and is very efficient. It's a LOUD amp. But you always have the option to buy that sweet Celestion Blues 2x12 down the road for maximum authenticity.

But if you see a deal on a CC1 (and they're out there!), don't be afraid to pounce.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.