To all the guys with "sticky" neck problems. I took some advice off this forum and sanded the back of my Peavey HP Signature lightly and carefully. It works like a charm! I was very careful not to take it down through the finish and it is a satin finish now, not gloss.

After sanding with 600, then 800, then 1200, I used Carnauba wax to bring the luster back. Again, not shiny, but a satiny finish. Works great! I already had some workworking skills though.

If anyone else is having this problem, this will cure it!

Chris
I much prefer sanding all the way down to the wood, and then rubbing the neck with tung oil.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
I am seriously an idiot. I was reading your thread and thinking to myself "Hmmm, I wonder why sticking doesn't bother me". Then I remembered that I bought a guitar with a satin neck for exactly that reason.

It's been a hard week at work, my brain is kinda numb.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
No prob Cosimo lol . I have been sick all week so I know what you mean .

Chris
I like bare wood with oil. Feels, looks and sounds better IMO. If you dont keep treating it, the neck will become unstable and might warp though so watch out kids ! lol
Quote by jscustomguitars
I like bare wood with oil. Feels, looks and sounds better IMO. If you dont keep treating it, the neck will become unstable and might warp though so watch out kids ! lol

Ummmm, I would be hesitant on that then. I would not trust myself to do the "maintenance" to keep it where it should be. Glad I did what I did then .

Chris