in a couple of days i plan on getting a crate blue voodoo head, and for about 2 weeks after i buy it i wont be able to afford a cabinet... i currently have a crate xt120r. i was wondering if i could plug the voodoo into that until i can get a cabinet.
on the back it has these

the footswitch plugs

extension speaker

insert

would i be able to plug the head into one of those ports?
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass
Gallien-Kreuger Backline 600
ESP LTD EC-1000
Line 6 Spider III 75
I beleive you could plug the combo into the amp's head's headphone imput (if there is one). That would probably be the safest option. Pluging the head into into the combo by the cab imput may not be safe though.
no, none of those ports. If the internal speakers plug into the back of the amp, then you could just unplug them, and plug them into your head instead. However, if they are wired internally, then you will need to disconnect them from the crate, and wire in your own jack on the speaker leads. Either a jack so you can connect them to the head with a speaker cable, or just wire some speaker cable directly to the leads. It just has to be long enough to reach the BV head. Also, pay very close attention to the OHM rating of the internal speakers of the Crate. You will have to set the BV head to match that impedance load .
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
^ like said. matching the ohms, and covering the watts.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Guess I don't have to ask anymore, I was wondering the same thing.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Quote by jj1565
^ like said. matching the ohms, and covering the watts.

yeah, good call Jenny, forgot to mention wattage handling, lol.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by kill3r272
yeah i mean if your plugging a 100w head into a like 20 watt amp ummm no

its a 120w head and a 120w combo
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass
Gallien-Kreuger Backline 600
ESP LTD EC-1000
Line 6 Spider III 75