My grandparents are making me go get my drivers permit Monday and I was wondering if you really do have to read the manual. I read halfway through it once, but my mind is always somewhere else.

I live in KY, so will this really be all that hard?

what should i know and study? What seems to be the most important?
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
It's mostly common sense, but if you're worried, read through the manual once or twice.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
making you go? do you not want to?

the test to get your permit is mostly common sense but i would look the manual over just in case
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
It wasn't hard for me, I read the manual a little bit, but most of it is common sense. If you paid even a little attention to your driver's ed class you should be able to pass it.

I live in NC if that makes any difference.

edit: You only got 70%? I made a 100 without even trying
"The poor didn't want this one."
i live in VA, just make sure you study signs and their EXACT meaning. the knowledge test is easy.
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
Quote by pftyeaiplaybass
It wasn't hard for me, I read the manual a little bit, but most of it is common sense. If you paid even a little attention to your driver's ed class you should be able to pass it.

What age do you get your licenses at? We get permits at 16, licenses at 17.

And I'm not even in driver's ed, my schedule got fucked up.
Quote by pftyeaiplaybass

Dude lots of people from NC joined while I was banned
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
Quote by i(ncubus)play
Dude lots of people from NC joined while I was banned

it's times like this that most UG'ers would make a club. however, north carolinians are too cool for clubs.
just read the book.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I dropped out of drivers ed to take music theory

and yeah they're making me go get it. But I think this has all contributed to my loss of interest in my guitar/music entirely (for anyone who read my post)

we get our permits at 16 and intermediate license 6 months later and full license 6 months after that

but I TURNED 16 in January.
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
i didn't study at all and i passed. in california it's 15.5 yrs for permit, 16 for license, then you can't drive other people until you've had your license for 1 year or if you turn 18. pretty lame.

edit:...and most schools don't offer drivers ed

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by Dirge Humani
I got 70% on an online NJ test without even having a book. You need 80% to pass.

You might be able to scrape past.

rofl i got a 78%, and failed by ONE QUESTION. LOL.

(it was the day after my birthday and i was quite tired and hungover from the "party favors")

Needless to say, i was quite pissed.
yea we don't have driver's ed at all in georgia...

but traffic is always so bad here, you never get over 15 miles an hour anyway, so it doesn't matter; they'll give anyone a license here.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
it's times like this that most UG'ers would make a club. however, north carolinians are too cool for clubs.

North Carolinians are too cool for everything.
for texas,
15 - permit
16- license
pwnt

but, where is this online test you speak of?
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
15.5 for permit, hold it for nine months to get provisional license.
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
it sucks in colorado.....you have to be 15.5 to get your permit(which you have to have for a year to get your license plus 20 hours of driving time logged in)
Originally posted by str84ever
Since you are playing metal and from what i know about guitars which is not alot

the pointer the guitar the better it is for metal

problem solved.
depends where you live. i lived in one city and my friend studied it and said the test was wayy easier than what he studied. but here where i live, i actually tried to study and i read it like twice. and my uncle gave me this book, it was like a sample test with all the answers he said he got it from his friend. i just studied all the answers to the questions. then i took the test and it was pretty hard. like they ask rlly specific questions like speed limit for certain areas, min. alcohol level or something. then memoriozing signs. i memorized the signs and speed limits so it was easy. but i dont plan on drinking and driving so i just skiped that part of teh book and so i prbly missed that question but everything else i got dead on cuz it was almost exactly like on the book my uncle gave me haha.
Quote by Dirge Humani
What age do you get your licenses at? We get permits at 16, licenses at 17.

And I'm not even in driver's ed, my schedule got fucked up.

15, then 17. I got mine a bit late though, and won't get my license until I'm around 16 1/2.

edit: incubus guy, what part of NC are you from?

editedit: I see you're wearing an ASU shirt. I live right down the mountain in Wilkes
"The poor didn't want this one."
Last edited by pftyeaiplaybass at Oct 4, 2007,
Quote by namelessmaggot6
it sucks in colorado.....you have to be 15.5 to get your permit(which you have to have for a year to get your license plus 20 hours of driving time logged in)

woah. california requires 50 hours in 6 months

My mind is going. I can feel it.
MI-14 & 8 months -permit
16 limited license [can't drive between 12AM & 5AM]
17 full license

i got 100% without doing half the homework
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
I had to take mine out of school but you only need common sense to pass the tests. Here you can get your permit at 14 and 9 months and your liscence at 16.
READ THE MANUEL

Make sure you know when to turn off highbeams when cars are approaching, speed limits, who has the right of way, and what to do in a dust storm or something. Its pretty much common sense, but the headlights questions ****ed me up
I'm going to get it tomorrow. I've barely read the book, but I can answer all the questions people throw in my direction.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Basically all the questions on the test are just common sense and things you should know about driving. However, I would consider looking over the manual, because a couple questions just come out of nowhere
Whitest Kid U' Know of the Bass Militia
PM Dinky Daisy to join

Originally posted by Civildp1
I can't drink tequila anymore. it makes me do terrible things. Terrible naked things.
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR
woah. california requires 50 hours in 6 months

same with PA. Colorado's got nothing to complain about
Whitest Kid U' Know of the Bass Militia
PM Dinky Daisy to join

Originally posted by Civildp1
I can't drink tequila anymore. it makes me do terrible things. Terrible naked things.
IDK, I looked at the book twice and I only missed one question on the test, but I do recommend looking at it at least once, like right before you go take it so it is fresh in your mind.
You should take some online practice tests. I just did. I got 4 out of 5 right. Those damn hand signals...
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
well im sure it varies from state to state but here my friends tell me its mostly common sense but you do need to know some of the laws and signs and stuff
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by pftyeaiplaybass
15, then 17. I got mine a bit late though, and won't get my license until I'm around 16 1/2.

edit: incubus guy, what part of NC are you from?

editedit: I see you're wearing an ASU shirt. I live right down the mountain in Wilkes

I'm actually in Raleigh, my brother goes to Appalachian. I'll be up that way tomorrow evening though.
I just got my driving permit about 2 weeks ago(was little lazy and finally got it) My sister took the test and failed 4 times so far and she has read the book. I took it once without reading it and passed. Its all commen sense really which apparently my sister doesnt have. Dont psche yourself out on it or you will fial though.