Well... my stock RBX strings were amazing in my opinions, and they've sounded great for the TWO years i've had the guitar, but their finally getting the dull tone...

Suggestions on size, and brand of strings for metal (hardcore/death/black/folk)?
Dr
Guitar:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Jackson DK2-L w/ Dimarzio X2N
Takamine acoustic

Bass:
Fender Precision Bass

Amp:
Marshall AVTX150H
Behringer BG412F
Marshall MG15MSII
i have to agree with seventhskull...DR's are great strings...Just beware, you'll get a batch every once in a while that'll unravel on you
I've only had it happen once, and i got another set the day after...Haven't had it happen since
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Quote by kaossurge
Well... my stock RBX strings were amazing in my opinions, and they've sounded great for the TWO years i've had the guitar, but their finally getting the dull tone...

Suggestions on size, and brand of strings for metal (hardcore/death/black/folk)?

OMG I hate those strings. They really suck IMO.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Quote by IndianRockStar
Depends. Will you be drop tuning. For metal, most likely not light gauge.

And two years? Are you kidding me?

DROP TUNING A LOT... A play more songs on drop tunings than standard.
Quote by kaossurge
DROP TUNING A LOT... A play more songs on drop tunings than standard.

Depends on how low you drop tune, but if it's just one step then you could get away with the next gauge up from standard.
DR sells a custom package, where you can pick the gage on each string.

I'd go as big as you can on the E. I recently switched from a .105 to a .130 on E, and I love the thicker string, my bass has never sounded so good in drop C.

The other strings didn't really make much of a difference to me, it was really the low notes that will stick out. If you've ever had to suffer through an extremely floppy low C string, the thick .130 solves that problem in a heartbeat.