Page 1 of 2
Man I just got these goddamn braces on today! They fvcking hurt so bad! They suck so hard! Anyone else out there suffering or suffered with this metal sh1t in your mouth.
I suffered, ya first time is the worst you can't eat anything hard for like a week or two I feel for you man they suck!
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
Hm, I don't remember mine hurting the first day, but they eventually got pretty bad... I couldn't eat anything but jello and soup for the first 2 weeks... I still had to eat soft stuff for another 2 weeks, though.
What's with people getting so late now? Everyone is getting them in like junior and sophmore years.

Wtf? Braces are ****ing stupid anyway, just get invisalign or something. Braces will never touch my teeth.
Yeah I had them for 4 years, they sucked, you'll get used to them and the pain will go away, until you visit the orthodontist next and then they'll be tight and painful again for a few days.

Oh, and btw, as a pilot, I think your sig is hilarious.
Ha, its been over 3 and a half years my friend, and I still have them on. Im supposed to get them off in a few weeks, but Im getting my wisdom teeth pulled at the end of the month so that might change to another half year back -_-
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
I heard they have braces that are like those clear retainers (you can't tell unless you're up close to the person). Is this true? My teeth have always been my insecure area.
Quote by RedDeath9
Hm, I don't remember mine hurting the first day, but they eventually got pretty bad... I couldn't eat anything but jello and soup for the first 2 weeks... I still had to eat soft stuff for another 2 weeks, though.

Yeah, when I first got mine on I ate nachos as soon as I got home. Then the next day I couldn't even eat white bread.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
I remember it hurting the worst on the second day and progressively getting better for the next four days. To be honest, my advice is this ; enjoy just having braces while you do, once they tell you to put rubber bands on, you're f*cked IMO. I remember those rubber bands hurting like a bitch.
yeah they suck balls.
just remember that no matter how much they hurt now, it'll eventually go away.

Quote by RearyGay
What's with people getting so late now? Everyone is getting them in like junior and sophmore years.

Wtf? Braces are ****ing stupid anyway, just get invisalign or something. Braces will never touch my teeth.

An alternative to braces? What is it?
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
for me, i got used to them pretty quick and they never really hurt. look on the brightside, ladies ****ing love the good dentistry when you get them off. but i had a girlfriend with braces a year or so ago. we almost had an incident with getting caught in the braces a couple times, man, talk about a mood killer. now i just avoid chicks with braces
I don't see whats so bad about braces. I have them and I cannot honestly see why everyone says they hurt. Rubber bands do hurt when you first get them but as long as you keep them consistent it goes away quickly. And if you haven't had a palette expander then you should consider yourself lucky. They are much worse than braces.
braces aren't all that bad, i got them on in grade nine and got them off in grade 11. now my teeth are perfectly straight again. (and my teeth were really F-ed up, cause i had a second row of teeth), and i've yet to find a chick who after kissing, completments my straight teeth. >.< ....can anyone say like $2,000 gone down the drain?
i got em too, they hurt like hell for about 2-3 weeks, then u gotta cut stuff up into small bites and chew with ur molars, unless they hurt too. if they do, its soup for u...but when they tighten em, u go through the same **** again...
oh the rubber bands, that was an unspeakable pain........It inspired me to write depressing metal.......just kidding lol. It does suck though
Quote by RandyVanHendrix
Great great great... so they're gonna get worse...

it only hurts really bad the first time.
Yeah braces hurt like hell, I had to liquidise all my food for a week! Roast chicken and potatoes just isn't the same through a straw!
Quote by myself101
An alternative to braces? What is it?

It's called Invis-align or something. It's an alternative to braces, yeah. It's like this clear thing that's molded into your teeth, and it's removable, so you can take them out when you eat, and it's practically invisable.
They will suck for a day or two every time they get adjusted. but other than that, it isn't THAT bad.
Yep. Had them on when i was 14. Hated every painful second of it for a while. The retainers sucked too (pre-braces). Eventually, your mouth won't be so sensitive and it'll stop hurting. Probably give it two weeks for it to be close to normal again. Tip for you, if i may, not about the pain but just in general BRUSH YOUR TEETH EXTRA ****ING LONG. trust me on this one, keep your damn teeth clean while you have braces. ok, enough outta me.
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
just so you guys know the invisalign program thing is in the thousands of dollars, my mom has it

i always thought braces looked cool but ive never had em, i have alright teeth
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
I used to have braces, not anymore though.

Imagine this:
I played trumpet with braces on.

And I remember at a Volleyball practice a ball flew at my face and my mouth wouldn't stop bleeding because of those damn braces.

I'm so glad they're off
Quote by RearyGay
It's called Invis-align or something. It's an alternative to braces, yeah. It's like this clear thing that's molded into your teeth, and it's removable, so you can take them out when you eat, and it's practically invisable.

The problem is that it takes longer, costs more, and you have to brush your teeth every time you eat.
I ate/drank Chicken Noodle Soup for one week. I got my braces a month ago. I have an appointment near the end of this month & they'll probably tighten them.
Quote by martywalsh
Yeah braces hurt like hell, I had to liquidise all my food for a week! Roast chicken and potatoes just isn't the same through a straw!

how in the world did you get chicken to a consistancy that would fit through a straw?

mine only hurt for the first days or 2, then again every time i got new bands
my story im about to tell you will make you feel much better, one of my friends was all excited a few years ago because after school he was biking to the dentist to have his braces removed, so after class he got his bike and drove there, we found out the next day that he hit a fire hydrant while driving his bike, fell, and hit his mouth on the curb. he broke his jaw, so they had to be wired shut until his jaw healed, and then after that he had to wear braces for another year.

that definitely sucks.
5 long miserable years dude.. But I have an awesome smile now.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Yeah I'm with ya bro...I've had em for a year and a half. Don't worry, first couple days are the worst
Fender Tele
Breedlove SM20
Cort M800

Peavey Classic 30
Roland Microcube

Digitech RP250
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by pimpslap1236
my story im about to tell you will make you feel much better, one of my friends was all excited a few years ago because after school he was biking to the dentist to have his braces removed, so after class he got his bike and drove there, we found out the next day that he hit a fire hydrant while driving his bike, fell, and hit his mouth on the curb. he broke his jaw, so they had to be wired shut until his jaw healed, and then after that he had to wear braces for another year.

that definitely sucks.

F uck dude... that seems too unlucky to even be real.
yeah i have had braces for six years and counting. it sucks balls. your teeth will eventually stop hurting after awhile but when you go back to get them tightened it will hurt again but not as long. hopefully you'll get them off sooner though cause six years really sucks
I have them.

I had an expander across the top of my mouth to widen it to make room for all my teeth.

Now I have those tiny rubber bands that pull your teeth back into alignment, as well as a power chain across every one of my bottom teeth.

It hurt really really bad for the first 3-4 days, but it's fine now. I can eat anything.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
After the first month, you'll be fine. But always remember to make sure there is nothing in your teeth. God...so much embarrassing moments....
Be cool.
i'm with ya bud, braces suck, i had mine on since january and they hurt like hell, but now, i don't even know that i have them on. but they still have their random hurting phases. especially when they tighten them
Quote by RearyGay

There's another ignorant comment.

Ever thought that invisalign costs about two and a half times as much as regular braces? Braces already cost well over $1500.

Here's another thought. People can only get braces at certain times. For some, it's after they get their wisdom teeth out. For some, it's when all their teeth have grown in, and for others they can get them done at anytime.

Don't be such a god damned fool.
███████████████
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
████████████
Three miserable years man, but they are definitely worth it when you get them off. I was always insecure about smiling, but now I smile all the time.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Page 1 of 2