Hey I noticed that when I play my cabinet is only using the two right speakers. It sounds like the two left speakers are not even doing a thing. Does anyone know what this could be? I have a DSL 100 and I Run a speaker cable from one of the 4 and 8 ohms parallel jacks ( the middle input on the DSL 100 ) and it runs to the 4 ohms input on the cabinet. The switch on the back of the amp is set to 8 ohms and the switch on the back of the cab is set to 8 ohms too ( stereo). The cab has four celestion 75 watt speakers. Basically i want to know if something is damaged with my speakers or if I am just connecting everything wrong. how should i connect my dsl 100 and my 1960 A lead cab? Thanx
Not to hijack the thread, but I have a quick cab question and don't think it deserves its own thread:

I have a tiny terror tube head, and I've heard that it's really bad to play the head when it's not plugged into the cab. (bad enough to possibly ruin the head). Well what if the cable connecting the head to the cab is accidently pulled during playing, or it falls out somehow... Will my head actually be ruined immeadietly, or does it only matter if you continuously play the head with no cab for a while?
Also, Do I need a special cable to plug the head into the cab. I know it's just 1/4" male/male cable, just like guitar to amp, but does it need to be a bigger cable or something, because at my school the bass head's cable connecting it to the cab looks WAY fatter than the cable connecting the bass to the head. Thank you!
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
yes, you will need a different cable than just your average cable that runs from your guitar to your amp. speaker cable is a heavier gauge wire where as guitar cable is smaller gauge and is shielded to stop noises and hiss. and yes ALWAYS make sure your speaker cable is connected from your head to your cabinet cause you can blow the transformer inside your amp.
Quote by PieceOfMind666
Well what if the cable connecting the head to the cab is accidently pulled during playing, or it falls out somehow...

There should be no situation where your amp could get unplugged from you cab, and it certainly shouldn't be falling out.

And you absolutely need to get a speaker cable. Guitar cables are designed to carry the low level signal from your guitar to your amp, while a speaker cable is designed to carry the powerful signal from your amp to your speakers. A guitar cable there could fail and, in a worst case scenario, cause a fire. You probably don't want that.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
There should be no situation where your amp could get unplugged from you cab, and it certainly shouldn't be falling out.

I've seen a guy trip on the guitar cable taking the amp head with him... It could happen lol.
Gear:
Gibson SG '61 RI
Fender MIJ 62RI Tele
PRS Singlecut SE
Epiphone Sheraton II
Ibanez AEG10NT
Orange Rocker 30
Blackstar HT5C
Quote by PieceOfMind666
Not to hijack the thread, but I have a quick cab question and don't think it deserves its own thread:

I have a tiny terror tube head, and I've heard that it's really bad to play the head when it's not plugged into the cab. (bad enough to possibly ruin the head). Well what if the cable connecting the head to the cab is accidently pulled during playing, or it falls out somehow... Will my head actually be ruined immeadietly, or does it only matter if you continuously play the head with no cab for a while?
Also, Do I need a special cable to plug the head into the cab. I know it's just 1/4" male/male cable, just like guitar to amp, but does it need to be a bigger cable or something, because at my school the bass head's cable connecting it to the cab looks WAY fatter than the cable connecting the bass to the head. Thank you!

yes, connect TT to amp with speaker cord, just ask someone at a guitar shop, as far as not plugging it in... well tube amps expect a load(a load is just saying it expects electrical resistance) if there is no load all the power is going no where and could blow the amp. i have accidently turned my amp on a few times forgettting to run a cable to the cab and haven't blown anything... yet. It is not like you play it without a cab it will blow up, it is more like there is a good chance it can blow. sorta like drinking and driving, it is not like you always have an accident when you do it, your just more likely to when you do
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
/\ thanks for all of the answers! I appreciate the help
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.