Poll: Reverb, Delay or other?
Poll Options
View poll results: Reverb, Delay or other?
Reverb
9 47%
Delay
9 47%
other (please mention in thread)
1 5%
Voters: 19.
I've been pondering getting either a reverb or delay for a while but I'm not sure which one to go for. I usually play thru my Jcm800 with an overdrive pedal and thats all. so reverb or delay or other?
delay.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Well, i prefer reverb, but it's all personal preference. If your amp already has reverb, i'd suggest a delay pedal, though.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
delay is fun to mess around with, and you can get some really cool sounds with it if you tweak it right, but reverb really only adds to the tone and overall sound quality. get the delay first IMO
basically i just bought my reverb pedal, just got a hair in my butt. before my holy grail pedal i could usually just dial up something on my dd6 that makes me happy. but delay of more of a "trip" kinda effect. either ya "get it" or ya don't, if ya get it then you take a "trip" with it and you find your own kinda way of using it(kinda like a wah). If ya don't "get it"(meaning you just don't kinda dig on the delay pedals) then just get a reverb pedal, that is something that'll do something when you hit the button and you don't have to overly worry about the noise, where as delay a journey of discovery sprinkle with dissapointment, frustration and rewards....

...oh the rewards
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
basically i just bought my reverb pedal, just got a hair in my butt. before my holy grail pedal i could usually just dial up something on my dd6 that makes me happy. but delay of more of a "trip" kinda effect. either ya "get it" or ya don't, if ya get it then you take a "trip" with it and you find your own kinda way of using it(kinda like a wah). If ya don't "get it"(meaning you just don't kinda dig on the delay pedals) then just get a reverb pedal, that is something that'll do something when you hit the button and you don't have to overly worry about the noise, where as delay a journey of discovery sprinkle with dissapointment, frustration and rewards....

...oh the rewards

I'm still not really sure which one I need. I no the delays are cool to have but for a basic enhancement of sound which one would work better? The only thing that has ever bothered me with me rig is that it is so dry sounding. I'm happy with my tone and equipment, but jcm800's are straigtforward amps... so what kinda reverb pedals would anyone recommend without spending over 125ish?
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Well, i prefer reverb, but it's all personal preference. If your amp already has reverb, i'd suggest a delay pedal, though.

completely agreed!

i would get a holy grail right now if i wasnt planning on getting an ac30 soon...

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
^I would grab a holy grail, but my Ampeg has very nice built-in reverb.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...