Page 1 of 2
Hi all, I'm starting college next fall and it's time I started planning how I'm going to pay for it. How are/did you pay for college? Specific types of loans and lenders would help.
Workin at DQ will cover some of the first year.

My grandma is more than likely going to pay for quite a bit; I know I'll have a few student loans though.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Working. My. Ass. Off.

No money from parents, barely any scholarships, cheap ass relatives. I have to go to community college because I could never raise enough cash to go to a four year school, and I don't want to spend the rest of my life paying off student loans.
When I went to college I was working night shift at Ihop as a cook makin like $8.50 an hour full time. that paid for all of my living expenses and then some, and I had Fafsa to pay for most of my tuition and what not. I also had to take out some loans and I had to buy the books myself. It got too hard though because I only slept about 15 to 30 hours a week for months at a time. I couldnt do it so I dropped, and started working a job. Now I joined the marines so I suppose when I eventually go back they will pay for it
Quote by happytimeharry
You just made my penis retract into my body in fear. Thank you for that unpleasant feeling Stinkles...

Quote by sashki
So the next day when you were a girl again, you'd stick a dead willy dickinson into yourself? Sounds wrong to me.

Lol
I have a part time job. I also go to community college so its pretty cheap anyways.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Choppin' dro. Before college and while at college, no joke.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
well, I'm going to the conservatory, it's a recording school out here, 13,510 for two years tuition alone. I'm currently working in construction at 13 bucks an hour to try and help my parents out.
Quote by GiantRaven
Yes

but it was odd, we didn't have anything overly important stolen

and among the stolen items: Bananas

Quote by Vantage
Some guy stole one of my pants and the plastic bottles.
My parents pay for tuition. I pay for everything else from working. I guess I am very very fortunate that way.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I ***** myself out to fat chicks for $50 a peice

edit: OMG ***** is Cencored!!!!!
You are now blinking manually
I sold my soul to a black man at a deserted crossroads...
45 days without my precious UG...
CURSE YOU LOLWUT PEAR!!!

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army
I'm paying around 24.5k a year at my university. My family's not wealthy, so they took out a huge loan for me. Then I had to take out a couple of smaller loans and I had some grants and scholarships. I also have work study, so I'm doing that too. It's gonna be hard repaying all my loans later in life.

Quote by darkstar2466
My parents pay for tuition. I pay for everything else from working. I guess I am very very fortunate that way.

Yes, yes you are, sir. Btw, how's UCD? I have some friends up there.
Got METAL?

Quote by metacarpi
However, if we're being all grown up about this (in the pit?) walkingonspikes is dead on
working a lot, a few student loans. loans these days are almost necessary with school costing so much. even at a state college...i am also working a part time job at the same time. its tough but i need it.

and my school is 10k a year. thats tuition, housing, books...all that jazz. not as bad as a lot of schools, but still good money
Community College for two years and then transferring to that University to finish up and get the degree. Using the stock market to pay for my tuition.
Quote by walkingonspikes
I'm paying around 24.5k a year at my university. My family's not wealthy, so they took out a huge loan for me. Then I had to take out a couple of smaller loans and I had some grants and scholarships. I also have work study, so I'm doing that too. It's gonna be hard repaying all my loans later in life.

uc davis? you guys are gonna get slaughtered this weekend! go bison!
go to community college, its way cheaper, like 1500/semester for me, I dont work over school so i can get good grades and some schoarships then work insane hours over summer; like 60-70/week. no matter what you have to bust ass the whole time and its not easy... puting yourself through school is respectable. PS high school is a joke, even if you took honors/ap stuff. prepare to work hard
Army ROTC. Free college a monthly stipend and a good job after I graduate.
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
Quote by walkingonspikes

Davis is great man. It's just a little college town, and it has a good atmosphere to it. I just moved into a pretty tight house with four other guys and we're having a blast here. We are building a mini-ramp to skate on, so I'm way psyched for that. I like Davis. Where are you going?

And what year are your friends?
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Davis is great man. It's just a little college town, and it has a good atmosphere to it. I just moved into a pretty tight house with four other guys and we're having a blast here. We are building a mini-ramp to skate on, so I'm way psyched for that. I like Davis. Where are you going?

And what year are your friends?

Sounds awesome! I'm psyched for you guys too! I have some freshman and sophmore friends there, but they're mostly freshmen. I'm currently a freshman at UC Santa Cruz!

Quote by cpick2014
uc davis? you guys are gonna get slaughtered this weekend! go bison!

Actually, I'm not at UCD but darkstar is.
Got METAL?

Quote by metacarpi
However, if we're being all grown up about this (in the pit?) walkingonspikes is dead on
i'm going to brazil for college (at least for undergrad)...college there is free
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Quote by walkingonspikes
Sounds awesome! I'm psyched for you guys too! I have some freshman and sophmore friends there, but they're mostly freshmen. I'm currently a freshman at UC Santa Cruz! :

Hah, Santa Cruz. Get ready for a sh*tton of pot and shrooms. I hear it's great there.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by wyantsm
go to community college, its way cheaper, like 1500/semester for me, I dont work over school so i can get good grades and some schoarships then work insane hours over summer; like 60-70/week. no matter what you have to bust ass the whole time and its not easy... puting yourself through school is respectable. PS high school is a joke, even if you took honors/ap stuff. prepare to work hard

psh. my college is a real 4-year college and i pay 1000/quarter.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
My mom is considering sending me to Canada. Really.

It's on account of the fact that my current college costs a BOATLOAD of money, and the fact that I'm Canadian entitles me to Canadian Financial Aid...which in retrospect I should have done in the first place...
Quote by bigredbeast
how much is 15,000 PHP? I didn't know they played guitar in the Phillipines. I thought they played ukelele or something.

Because, of course, we're too far away from places with guitars and all that stuff so we play ukelele...
Quote by SilentDeftone
I'm a fortunate one, I have the MET.

-SD

me too but i'm going to college in brazil...in what city do you live?
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Quote by darkstar2466
Hah, Santa Cruz. Get ready for a sh*tton of pot and shrooms. I hear it's great there.

Hahaha, at my college, Porter, the smell of weed and stuff is always hanging around in the quad, especially at night. It's awesome here. I love how the campus is basically like a bunch of buildings situated in the woods with bridges and stuff. It's like I'm hiking to class everyday. It's great. Also, at Porter, there's something called the "First Rain." That's when classes start and the first time it pours here, people run outside butt naked around campus. Hahaha, that's gonna be one amusing day.
Got METAL?

Quote by metacarpi
Quote by blues-guitarist
me too but i'm going to college in brazil...in what city do you live?

Why the **** would you do that? Just do a study abroad or something if you want to go to Brazil.

I'm from the Deuce as well, actually. Going to Grand Valley State near Grand Rapids. Which high school are you going to?

-SD
Quote by SilentDeftone
Why the **** would you do that? Just do a study abroad or something if you want to go to Brazil.

I'm from the Deuce as well, actually. Going to Grand Valley State near Grand Rapids. Which high school are you going to?

-SD

i'm half brazilian so i'm doing it to have the experience of living there and also to interact with different cultures....but i'm probably just doing undergrad there...i go to huron high school, you?
-Homer Simpson
Quote by blues-guitarist
i'm half brazilian so i'm doing it to have the experience of living there and also to interact with different cultures....but i'm probably just doing undergrad there...i go to huron high school, you?

That makes more sense if you are Brazilian. I was Huron class of 2005. Actually am going to be in town Friday/Saturday, finally.

-SD
Two scholarships = I'm making money from the extra one.
Quote by Rox0r713
I nominate giveitaname87 for UG's "Most likely to be a Serial Killer" award.
Quote by SilentDeftone
That makes more sense if you are Brazilian. I was Huron class of 2005. Actually am going to be in town Friday/Saturday, finally.

-SD

wow cool...there's a probability that i know you....did you ever took the guitar class at huron??
-Homer Simpson
Page 1 of 2