Okay im trying to lose some fat.Right now its about 21% and i'd like to get it down to about 15% I'm running everyday for about 25-30 minutes and i lift weights at school. Now the only problem is eating better. The problem is that i start school at 7am, i have lunch at 12 and then im out at 2pm. I know im supposed to eat about 5-7 smaller meals every 2-3 hours to keep my metabolism up but i simply cant find a way to space my meals evenly. Ill have breakfast, then nothing for 5 hours then eat lunch and get home and eat then eat 2 more times. I know it might seems like there isn't a big problem with that but i wanna add a meal at about 10am.

1. What would be good to add that's small and not all fat or empty calories?

There's another problem too, when i get home there's usually nothing healthy or the fridge is empty so i eat out which is bad cause it's like 1000 calories. My mom won't buy anything decent or healthy because my dad and my brother won't eat it and she doesn't want to cook different things for different people.

2. How should i go about eating healthier? (school food is terrible as well but im usually starving and im forced to eat their crap)
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Farm Fresh Fruit and Veggies.

Stay away from Fast Food, Pop, Salt, Junk Food, Candy.
Eat an apple between classes, that's a quick sugar boost.

And pack your lunch. When I was in high school I ate 2 peanut butter & jelly sandwiches on whole grain wheat bread for lunch every day. Then again, I was trying to gain mass. Furthermore, it's cheaper.

Also make sure you drink a lot of water. If at all possible, carry around a large water bottle.

-SD
how long do you think it would take me to reach my goal with this plan?
Quote by csn00b
Quote by RandyVanHendrix
If you run for 30 minutes a day eat whatever the hell you want.

+1

if ur running hard 30 minutes everyday, what you eat shouldn't matter.

if it's not making a difference, run faster for those 30 minutes. the faster you run, the more tasty treats you can eat. YAY MOTIVATION.
hehe fatty!

1.anything really, fruit, sandwichs, biscuits, anything with carbs or of nutritional value.

2.pack your own lunch, that way you can eat what you want/need and however much you like.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG Special Customshop
Jackson JS30RR

Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss Metal Zone
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Ibanez Lo Fi
Behringer Tuner

Marshall AVT100X

Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Quote by Joshrocker48
I Use a purple pick.

+1
well im not strictly running for 30 minutes. i do intervals so ill jog slowly for 1 minute and then run 30 seconds and then jog and then run etc etc.
Quote by csn00b
Quote by jpgilbert701
how long do you think it would take me to reach my goal with this plan?

maybe three weeks? i go to the gym for sport every week for two hours, everyone has to do cardio for at least 30 minutes before moving on to weights and im feeling pretty good
six six six PACK!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG Special Customshop
Jackson JS30RR

Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss Metal Zone
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Ibanez Lo Fi
Behringer Tuner

Marshall AVT100X

Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Quote by Joshrocker48
I Use a purple pick.

+1
Eat celery and walk to school on stilts. That should burn a few calories.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Quote by kidsthesedays
+1

if ur running hard 30 minutes everyday, what you eat shouldn't matter.

if it's not making a difference, run faster for those 30 minutes. the faster you run, the more tasty treats you can eat. YAY MOTIVATION.

Don't listen to them at all.

First, you have to try to get your Mom from buying junk food. Because if its there, you'll probably eat it.

If thats not an option, just buy a some of your own food. Frozen veggies, tuna, brown rice, are all very healthy and very cheap. Last a long time if only you eat them.

I strongly encourage you to visit the bodybuilding.com and look at their nutrition forum.

Pack your own lunches, and you don't HAVE to eat every 2-3 hours. But if you insist, just keep a bag full of peanuts/almonds and munch on them between classes.
Quote by Doofag
Don't listen to them at all.

First, you have to try to get your Mom from buying junk food. Because if its there, you'll probably eat it.

If thats not an option, just buy a some of your own food. Frozen veggies, tuna, brown rice, are all very healthy and very cheap. Last a long time if only you eat them.

I strongly encourage you to visit the bodybuilding.com and look at their nutrition forum.

Pack your own lunches, and you don't HAVE to eat every 2-3 hours. But if you insist, just keep a bag full of peanuts/almonds and munch on them between classes.

I didn't plan to because i know that its not true.
Quote by csn00b
30 minutes is good, but it depends also on how fast you run and if you even stop in between (you shouldn't). (The way I run is I just gauge it by the number of songs I go through - after 8-9 songs I usually stop)

I eat rather healthily. If you just TRY to not eat crap for food, then you can eat healthier. I don't eat the s***y school lunches, and I don't eat past 7. However, this 5-7 small meal thing sounds impossible...just eat a larger meals towards the morning and make them smaller as the day goes.
Don't eat chocolate or anything fried...that saves you about 1000 calories a day.
Celery is THE diet food (like I need to say it). Just for those who don't know it takes more energy to digest the celery than it actually gives.
Eat foods that don't need a lot of preparation so you can make it yourself. Salads, soups, whatever. Easy for me I don't... ...eat meat...
IDK thats just what I do...gl.
Well forcing yourself to throw up will make you lose weight. The Olsen twins did it so it has to be healthy. They wouldn't harm themselves right?
Just because kids have super fast metabolism and low body fat doesn't mean healthy.

All the 130 pound kids who eat nothing but junk all day and brag how they don't gain weight most likely have high cholesterol and a high pulse. Give it 10 years, if you don't change your eating habits you will be in trouble.

I know from expirience
good thing i weigh 140 =P

sure 7% body fat might be unhealthy, but i blame that on the inaccurate body fat machine thing we were using