would that be a good idea to go from fretted to fretless, it would be alot less work and probably better for the wood instead of ripping the frets along with big chunks of wood out, what if i just like grinded the frets down flush?

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
I've seen some instruments like that, I think it's a great idea. not only will it have great markers, it'll also be able to sustain the same amount of string tension as it always has.
Not really...Take the frets out, and fill the holes, you'll be left with chunks of metal in your neck, and it will be sharp and uneven, and you'll end up filing the fretboard.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Quote by sammcl-15
Not really...Take the frets out, and fill the holes, you'll be left with chunks of metal in your neck, and it will be sharp and uneven, and you'll end up filing the fretboard.

This is verry likely. If you do go through with fileing them down it might be a good idea to try it on a cheap guitar first. You also need to take into concideration what the frets are made out of, you could probably pull off some thing like that off on a guitar that has softer frets than normal, but if they are say stainless steal, it might not be that easy.
Last edited by david_highland at Oct 5, 2007,
very ****ty $150 GK bass...... im in the midst of modding it, im concidering getting another neck tho, so if this doesnt work i can always get another neck

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

I think the grinding of the frets will take a long time, and there is absolutely no way to make the frets flush without killing the fingerboard. If you put tape on the wood, the frets wouldn't be flush with the fingerboard, they'd be flush with the tape.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
You'll get ridges and teeth in the frets like there's no tomorrow. Something will suffer- you're playing or your fingerboard. Just rip the frets out, the wood won't get damaged too much. I have a guide somewhere on here to do it.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=587147&highlight=bass+care+maintenance

Look through there. It's in there somewhere.
frets are generally made out of nickle, and that isn't the softest metal in the world. filing them flush to the radius of the fretboard would be almost impossible, without nicking the board. you might consider buying a fretless neck. they are available. Carvin makes them, i know. and possibly other companies. good luck!
im gonna take them out, then if it still sucks... its a bad playing neck in the first place, im gonna buy a fret less bass neck

Quote by Deliriumbassist
You'll get ridges and teeth in the frets like there's no tomorrow. Something will suffer- you're playing or your fingerboard. Just rip the frets out, the wood won't get damaged too much. I have a guide somewhere on here to do it.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=587147&highlight=bass+care+maintenance

Look through there. It's in there somewhere.

i couldent find it :S