Hey guys, I plan to get a 360 when COD 4 comes out. Now i've heard everywhere that the 360 breaks down a lot. Anyone have it break down on them? and how often?
LOL
I have not personally heard of a case where it breaks down. They use to when it first came out, they mostly fixed the problem and it hardly ever happens. Just don't leave it on for extended periods of time (like 36 hours) and it should be fine.
Mine started randomly freezing on most of my games a month or two ago, and then it suddenly started working again. I haven't had any other problems aside from that, nor have any of my friends, so you really shouldn't worry that much about that.
I've had mine for nearly 2 years now and I haven't had a single problem so far. *knocks on wood*
Its prety fun. My first one broke after a year. But I bought it from Costco, and you can return anything there whenever, there is no time limit. Or if it does brake just call Microsoft and they'll usually repair it for free.
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I've had mine for nearly 2 years now and I haven't had a single problem so far. *knocks on wood*

Funny.
Quote by RocknRoll Live
Funny.

As soon as I saw that you were in this thread I figured you would say that.

FAIL.
Quote by Aqua Dementia
As soon as I saw that you were in this thread I figured you would say that.

FAIL.

Pass.
mine crapped out on me... doesnt read disks
piece of crap
ehh i didnt even play it that much
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by IbanezPlayer27
Just dont be stupid about it...treat it nicely and dont let it run in a small area for long periods of time.

it doesnt have legs

Guys who have had theirs crap out on them...have they been keeping the machine side up or flat on the ground??
Quote by l2p_Guitar
Red Ring of Death?

Happened to my friends when we booted up GH2.

I only get the red ring of death if the power in the house goes out, or if there is another type of electric problem. But then my 360's fine.

Lucky me.
yeah two of my friends got one when they came out, and they both recenetly got the red rings of death.
Quote by zzany1
it doesnt have legs.

Im not sure if you were joking or you are actually that stupid... If the former is true, I may have just lost all faith in humanity.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Last edited by zippidyduda at Oct 5, 2007,
Quote by zzany1
it doesnt have legs

Guys who have had theirs crap out on them...have they been keeping the machine side up or flat on the ground??

mainly flat on the ground
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by zippidyduda
Im not sure if you were joking or you are actually the stupid... If the former is true, I may have just lost all faith in humanity.

ah the american educational system is obviously underfunded due to the war in Iraq, judging by your retardation.
i used to hear alot bout overheating, but that was never a problem with me cause i dont play it 6 hours a day to let it over heat....i love the 360
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
I have had some issues with my xbox 360. I got mine the first day and it worked fine for about a year then the red ring of death came. A month later I got the box back and it worked perfectly. A couple months later it started scratching every disk I put in there. I now have to send it back a second time and its pissin me off.
My Gear:
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
B-52 AT-100 Half stack
Boss GT-10
Breedlove AD25SR Plus
Yamaha EG112C
Boss Mt-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Wd-7 wah
Dunlop Gator Grip 2.0, 1.5, 1.14
Quote by zzany1
ah the american educational system is obviously underfunded due to the war in Iraq, judging by your retardation.

So I see basic typos arent allowed anymore, huh? Messing up while trying to quickly post something makes me retarded?

WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Quote by zippidyduda
So I see basic typos arent allowed anymore, huh? Messing up while trying to quickly post something makes me retarded?

that was just a last minute glance i had, the initial post was in response to your statement of mass retardation.
Quote by zzany1
that was just a last minute glance i had, the initial post was in response to your statement of mass retardation.

When did I ever make a statement about "mass retardation?"
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

i've left my 360 on for like....a week+ multiple times....it doesn't crap out on you unless you got one pre-callback, or get one.

and there's a vicious problem with Halo 3 corrupting 360s giving them the red ring of death.
infact the release of Halo 3 was the day Microsoft got more 360s sent back to them in one day ever.
game stores were getting traded out of their 360s like mad.

so yeah, be wary kind chum.

edit:
although, mine is fine (collector's edition FTFW!!!!)
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
i've left my 360 on for like....a week+ multiple times....it doesn't crap out on you unless you got one pre-callback, or get one.

and there's a vicious problem with Halo 3 corrupting 360s giving them the red ring of death.
infact the release of Halo 3 was the day Microsoft got more 360s sent back to them in one day ever.

game stores were getting traded out of their 360s like mad.

so yeah, be wary kind chum.

edit:
although, mine is fine (collector's edition FTFW!!!!)

Other games to supposedly do this are Guitar Hero 2, Crackdown, Gears Of War, Ninety-Nine Nights, Dead Rising, and I think Oblivion had the same problem.

All of these games I own, with the exception of Halo 3 which a friend played on my console today, and I haven't had a single problem with them or my 360. Maybe I got an abnormal 360, which I doubt. So to say a single game crashes an entire system is kind of unlikely in my opinion.