I can't seem to get the action i want on my ltd f-250(floyd) without catching alot of buzz on the upper frets, and i would also like to know how string gauges and tunings relate, such as recommended gauges for lower tunings
Last edited by axe_mcgrindy at Oct 5, 2007,
For the action, you might want to see if the neck is straight, you might need to adjust the trus rod, and higher gauge strings are better if you want to down tune.
my neck is fine , the action isn't like the RG i had, plus how thick for a full two steps down
Quote by axe_mcgrindy
i don't foresee anyone giving a **** about this thread
you joined within the last 3 days... i wouldn't talk...
Quote by SchecterFreak
like i said..i feel like a dumass... oh!!! man you are refering to your abreviated name wow..i really feel stupid *blushes* god... sorry USHO.

man i feel like a **** now...
Quote by axe_mcgrindy
my neck is fine , the action isn't like the RG i had, plus how thick for a full two steps down

Hell man, I play on 9's, pretty light.....I guess 12's would work well, maybe some of those Zack Wild boomers, I have a friend that likes those; if your neck is straight then maybe your action is too low, you might want to get a higher nut for it if you want a lower action on the higher frets while keeping the lower frets from buzzing, take it to a guitar tech and see what they think of it.
Quote by axe_mcgrindy

Something is wrong with your neck, either your neck is bowed or the higher frets are crowned to high.

Take it to a tech/luthier, he probably knows more than you.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.