I've realized that there are more Canadian "black metal" bands than I thought.
Right now I'm checking out:

Empyrean Plague:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=29239248

And

Wolven Ancestry (not fully black metal but the influences are noticeable)
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=45748832

Any other good ones? Does anybody here think that Canadian black metal doesn't exist b/c it's Canadian (I don't think that FYI). Your favorite black or melodic black metal band from Canada is...?
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
I was pretty into Arkata before they split up. They were somewhat hardcore mixed with Black Metal. They still have their myspace up at: http://www.myspace.com/arkata. They had a female lead screamist/singer. Pretty intense band live.
Washburn WI-64
Jackson DK2
Randall RM100C
Digitech RP200A
Digitech DF-7
Digitech Phase Shifter
Boss OS-2
Boss Bf-2
Sudbury... a pretty grim place hahaha....

No really, it's pretty grim. Small town where it's almost (or maybe more than) -35 Celsius in the winter, mining industry there used to be the big thing now it's waning so the economy isn't that great, and evidently it has a high suicide rate.
Quote by insideac
Unexpect!

ololol, it's insideac !!!
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Empyrean Plague is good, i like black metal that can add a real sense of epicness
Quote by morbid_death
Frozen Shadows are pretty fukkin cool.

Au Seuil des Tenebres is an amazing ****ing song. !!!!!!!
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Wolven Ancestry are quite good. Caught them live at the Metal Bar in Toronto after the Slayer gig
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his
Wolven Ancestry's awesome, saw them open for 1349.

Akitsa is pretty good BM from Quebec. I think they even sing about French Nationalism.
Dark Throne.................................
Hi

Quote by iceman95
Fiddler is a god!!!! omg that's a good movie
Quote by Necrolust
Au Seuil des Tenebres is an amazing ****ing song. !!!!!!!

All of Hantises is bloody awesome.
Shadilay.
I didn't really catch that much black metal in UneXpect, I'll have to take another listen.
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

Quote by stanleybach
Axis of Advance.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Tvangeste moved to Canada, but I guess they're not originally Canadian so NVM.
Quote by Sn^ke

Quote by stanleybach
Woods or Hell Ypres is more like it.
/lame jokes
Quote by Sn^ke

Quote by stanleybach
Quote by <><
Nickelback

Sarcasm noted.

Yeah my brother's band played with Wolven Ancestry a little while ago. I haven't listened to their album yet and only caught a few tidbits from a few songs. They sound pretty cool.
There is no end to creation.
Quote by The Black Salts
Sarcasm noted.
You mean...
Chad Kroeger isn't the gr1mmest bm singer evarrr?
Canada is pretty grim. i remember when I was driving up north with my family in bc, and we drove straight for 2 days and at night time it was so scary looking out at the fields. who knows that lurks there. like there was this guy that killed ppl up there like prostitutes and stuff. lots of stuff to write about
Profugus Mortis =\ If you can call it Black metal. It's more folk/black, but I'll say it anyway.
Christ, why did it take so long for Woods of Ypres to be listed?
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Because they're really not that exciting. Against the seasons was alright, but yeah. Nothign overly special

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
Because they're really not that exciting. Against the seasons was alright, but yeah. Nothign overly special

Not exciting? Well the appeal is their bleakness (especially in Pursuit).
I've found Jesus
lol don't know, their second release didn't do anything at all for me. And I listen to some arguably boring and bleak bands. Basically they didn't do anything that Ulver or Agalloch or Forgotten Tomb didn't do already

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
I haven't heard of a lot of those bands. Here's a couple off the top of my head that haven't been mentioned.

Anhkrehg
Obscene Eulogy
Operation Winter Mist
Will of the Ancients
Woods is Amazing...but their new stuff aint as good.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
+1 to the guy that said Dark Forest.
Current gear:
LTD MH-301 fitted with EMG 81/60
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 5150 with JJ tubes
Avatar 4x12 with Warehouse Veteran 30 and British Lead Speakers
Crate XT120R
Quote by Teh Forest King
Woods is Amazing...but their new stuff aint as good.

If you mean the material from Woods 3, I'd wait till it comes out to get a proper opinion of it. If you mean Pursuit, then...? Seasons only had 5 songs, which is hardly enough to constitute for amazing.
I've found Jesus