I am looking at getting a new Randall head and cabinet, possibly a RH150G3 from the G3 series, any sujestions on any other amps that would match it or would be better? I am looking for a really good metal sound.
Good choice going with Randall.
Have a look at my rig, its all written in my sig. i have a randall head and cab and they're both excellent. Ive had no problems with either. <3 them!
Really, well thats good to know, and how much did you get it for? Becuase i have had it quoted at around $1800, and does it provide the real bassy metal sound?
and also i am a noob to this site, how do you add the instruments at the bottom of each post?
hey im just wondering masofnos.....are you Chris... i mean Knoxy? correct me if i'm wrong.
Quote by masofnos
Really, well thats good to know, and how much did you get it for? Becuase i have had it quoted at around $1800, and does it provide the real bassy metal sound?
and also i am a noob to this site, how do you add the instruments at the bottom of each post?

$1800!!??!

try $699 at musicians friend

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RH150DG3-and-R412CX-Half-Stack?sku=483047
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
You'll be okay with Randal as long as you get the more expensive models, their cheaper ones seem to have problems before even using them, for same price you can get Peavy 6505 or XXX or something to that nature but thats all I know about that
The only tube in that amp is a variation on the preamp tube 12AX7. Mosfet is a field effect driven transistor device that causes clipping. You would be better off with a much cheaper all solid-state amp. Field effect transistors were used in "fuzz" pedals long before someone got the bright idea to stick them in an amp. If you want a high-priced fuzz box with a tube thrown in just so Randall can say the word "tube" in the advertisements then go for it. Or you could take that considerable amount of money and get a tube combo which would blow it away soundwise and probably power wise.
is the Randall in musicians friend priced in AU$ or US$ becuase the quote i got is in AU