Hi guys,
My guitar is making an annoying buzzing sound, I am just learning guitar, so I thought maybe I am pressing the string all wrong, but no matter how light, hard and where within the fret I press, the buzz is apparent if I play at medium speed. It is the fat e string that is most noticeable. It also buzzes if I play fast on open E.
So I just got my guitar setup at the store and the buzz is still there. Poor setup?

The buzzing isn't noticeable when its put through the amp, is it supposed to be like that?

Thanks

The guitar is ibanez sz720 and amp is fender blues jr.
well its noticeable unless the volume is very high.
but is it normal for electric guitars to have that buzzing sound if played on low volumes or not connected to amp? I know its not a high end guitar, but still.
I used to have (perhaps?) the same problem with my guitar. My buzzing was cause by my action being too low and my bridge vibrating against the body. Hard to explain, but I would check it out.
my eletric buzzes liek anythin on the top couple of strings but no chance of hearing it through a amp so i dont worry about it too much
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
Quote by musahsio
well its noticeable unless the volume is very high.
but is it normal for electric guitars to have that buzzing sound if played on low volumes or not connected to amp? I know its not a high end guitar, but still.

most guitars ive played had it, but with just a screwdriver you can fix it in 10 seconds. just loosen the screws near the sides of the bridge and your action should rise. not to much though cause then playing gets more difficult.
my new jackson dk2m had same problem. had new strings plus set-up done and now its fixed. tech said action needed tweaking. (as others have said), dont worry its fixable!
^^ like said,

if it's bothering you this much,
if it's buzzing thru the amp, and/or you werent specific with the guys setting up ur guitar, then you can either have them raise the bridge a little, or raise it urself.

detune a little, loosen the screws on the top of the bridge posts, spin the thumb screws, pointed to by red arrows. that will raise the bridge a bit. tighten it all up,
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
^^ like said,

if it's bothering you this much,
if it's buzzing thru the amp, and/or you werent specific with the guys setting up ur guitar, then you can either have them raise the bridge a little, or raise it urself.

detune a little, loosen the screws on the top of the bridge posts, spin the thumb screws, pointed to by red arrows. that will raise the bridge a bit. tighten it all up,

i didn't know how to raise the action on my Agile AL-3100 and that helped out a lot. as simple as it may seem, not too many people (myself included) knew how to properly raise the action. you just saved me a trip to a guitar tech, thanks!