so i've been looking for a new guitar because right now all i have is a cheap b.c. rich beast.
i need an upgrade badly and at some point i'm going to end up buying a dean reazorback v 255. But to hold me off until then i'm looking at:

<a href="http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Hellraiser-C1-FR-Electric-Guitar?sku=513134">Schecter Hellraise C-1 FR</a>

<a href="http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MH400-Electric-Guitar?sku=516684">Esp LTD mh-400</a>

or any other guitar with emg 81/85
floyd rose
24 frets(optional)

which one should i get?
any alternatives other than the two i'm looking at?

i'm trying to stay below $1000 since im getting a razorback.
^ +1
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.

Member #12 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
A Jackson DKMG has a floyd rose, EMG 81/85, 24 frets. It's awesome, perfect for shredding with a thin neck, it has a carved top, a reversed headstock and it's simply awesome
You should post this in the
Should i Buy this thread.
but whatever.
go for the jackson
i dont know anything about the dean, but my advice is just save up, and get the dean, cuz theres no point in getting a guitar now if ur just gonna end up getting the dean (i assume its better)
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
is that dean a USA one?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
is that dean a USA one?

Probably one of their crappy pieced together MIC ones. The USAs start around $4k last I heard.
that's what i was figuring. I may be wrong, but if the dean the threadstarter is looking at isn't a USA one, it's probably a downgrade from the guitars he's looking at as a stopgap 'till he can afford the "better" dean...

o_O

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the reason i am buying the dean later is because i'm going to need a backup guitar soon
my band is going to start playing shows and that dean is floyd rose (licensed at that) so i dont quite trust to not bring a backup guitar
but in the end my original plan was to buy one of the guitars I gave examples of and it would be my main guitar until I bought the dean and then it would become my backup

and just so you know
i like to play metalcore type music
or any other type of metal
occasionally a clean style but not too often
the dean i'm looking at is (as far as I know) not a USA model.
i think its from china or somewhere
it's $1050
so i guess that means its not USA
Quote by apocalypse253
the dean i'm looking at is (as far as I know) not a USA model.
i think its from china or somewhere
it's $1050
so i guess that means its not USA

Skip it. Licensed Floyd Rose, Dean neck humbucker, pieced together bodies, and most of the finishes are vinyls. You can do better
ok
i looked at the hellraiser and i didn't know it had an orignal floyd rose
so now im leaning more towards that
but im still not 100% sure
Quote by apocalypse253
ok
i looked at the hellraiser and i didn't know it had an orignal floyd rose
so now im leaning more towards that
but im still not 100% sure

I believe it has an OFR. Also look at the Jackson DKMG.
based on the chinese/korean (forget which) dean ML i tried, that razorback is, odds are, a downgrade from either the LTD or the schecter.

I'd probably go with the schecter as it has an OFR (i think you have to go up to the mh1000 to get an OFR?), but if the mh400 has an OFR, or if you can stretch to the mh1000, i'd say it's much of a muchness, and mostly personal preference.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
thanks everyone for your opinions
i think i've decided on the Hellraiser
mostly because it has original floyd rose
i'm going to play both the jackson and hellraiser first but i'm pretty sure i will end up buying the hellraiser
ill update the thread once i play them or end up buying one.
thank you
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
a "cheap" B.C. Rich beast? They aren't too cheap imo... lol :P
Ibanez AEL20E Acoustic-Electric

Epi LP Custom w/ Active EMG's

Vox Valvetronix AD50VT (this thing is a BEAST! )
lol.
mine won't stay in tune for more than 2 hours.
the only thing i like about it is the 24 fret neck but even then the neck doesn't play as well as it should
its cheap for my level of playing
i should put it that way
but its not that bad of a guitar to start out with