Does anyone know where i can find a fairly cheap pickup winding machine. I don't fancy builing one

I've had a look on google and ebay but have found nothing

All i've found is on one StewMach for £180 ($369)

Thanks
I don't know if you'll be able to find one much cheaper, that's not an item that is sold in that large of quantities.
Gear: Framus Cobra - Homemade Warmoth guitar - Ibanez S470 - Alvarez acoustic
stewmac has the only one for sale that i know of. looks like it could be a modded sewing mahcine or something though, if you wanna get crafty, which you said you didnt. personally, pups are something that you would have to make so many mistakes on before you could get something even close to these companies who have been doing it for years.
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
Quote by TomR
Does anyone know where i can find a fairly cheap pickup winding machine. I don't fancy builing one

I've had a look on google and ebay but have found nothing

All i've found is on one StewMach for £180 ($369)

Thanks

Go to any woodworking or machine shop and get yourself a laith. You can get a good minilaith for a bout 60 quid. Then you will have to make or buy a chuck to go with it that will hold the pickup. I just use a chuck from a drillpress. You could buy a reedswitch and a counter to go with your winder but I wouldn't bother. I've found that a digital timer (they cost about 2.50) that automatically shuts your winder off will give you more accurate results.

Another option that some find easier is to use a drillpress. Again, you can get a good enough drillpress starting at about 60 to 100 quid. The downside with the drillpress is that they usually don't tell you the exact turns per minute which means you will need to get a counter which will cost you an extra 30+

Who ever said that the stewmac winding machine looked like a modified sewing mahcine machine was correct. In fact, if you buy the plan to build the thing yourself, they have you using a sewing machine motor and footswitch. These winder are not very good and the using a pedal to controll speed gives inconsistant results for beginners and that is the last thing you want.
Not taking any online orders.
you can mod a cheapo calculator to count windings. You can solder a reed switch where the "=" sign button is and just hit 1+1 then go from there
Quote by -Atticus-

oh and btw how do u put a quote in ur sig??
wow, who knew there were so many pup crafters out there? i guess they had to start some where. and sweet on the sewing machine. youngblood 1 / people who didnt notice 0
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
Thanks for your help everybody

think i will have a go at bulding one if it'll be the cheapest option

but if anyone else knows where i can get one from, please let me know as it will save me alot of time
^It only took me about 30 seconds to convert my laith into a pickup winder
Not taking any online orders.
A record player will also work, but it's not exactly fast. If you have one, it's probably the cheapest way.
Yeah, but record players are extremely accurate countingwise.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!