anybody done a Popsicle stick bridge before if so do you have the site that you used? or do you have the instructions if so could you send it to me

im doing a project for my intro to engineering class and it has to be 100 or less

im trying to find instructions in how to make one but i will have to buy instructions for 15 $ and it will take a long time before i get it on mail and it doesnt have to be aesthetic pleasing it has to hold weight about 50-100 pounds

so if anybody could help me out i appreciate it

words from a desperate dude
just make a brick out of popsicle sticks, with lots of glue.

then to the sides of the brick, glue sticks in this pattern:

/\/\/\/

seriously though. just take a whole bunch of em and make a log. works the best. trust me i know.
TRIANGLES....nothing else needs to be said. that is the strongest form there is. if you notice, most roll cages, bridges, almost anything structural, has TRIANGLES.
Quote by icon_player_5
TRIANGLES....nothing else needs to be said. that is the strongest form there is. if you notice, most roll cages, bridges, almost anything structural, has TRIANGLES.

+1
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
Use triangles in a grid form to raise the bridge, and for the "walkway" where the stuff is gonna get by, use many layers of popsicle sticks in a gridform as well. Also, The large scale the bridge is, the easier it will be to add the extra wight.
Quote by stefan1988
anybody done a Popsicle stick bridge before if so do you have the site that you used? or do you have the instructions if so could you send it to me

im doing a project for my intro to engineering class and it has to be 100 or less

im trying to find instructions in how to make one but i will have to buy instructions for 15 $ and it will take a long time before i get it on mail and it doesnt have to be aesthetic pleasing it has to hold weight about 50-100 pounds

so if anybody could help me out i appreciate it

words from a desperate dude

50-100 pounds!!!! Popsicle stick bridges can do that??
Be cool.
maximize your cross-sectional area, splintering occures at the bottom mostly so use more glue there. you shouldn't need to ask if you're an engineering student, it'll all make sense after taking materials (CIE 110 i believe)