Hey guys (n galls) to cut to the point, I needa reliable gigging guitar. it must be metal. i play mostly grunge/heavy metal. any ideas or pics? i might give a prize to the best idea! also, must be NO MORE THAN £200! ideas welcome. ~YAY! thx
Member of the Bugera Users Militia

Quote by JagerSlushy
Go with Ibanez...Or if you're going high-end, get a Jackson.
Anything as close as possible to £200, with at least one humbucker, and preferably a mahogany body and/or rosewood fingerboard.
Ibanez GRG 170, or, if you want a better tremelo the Ibanez GRG 270 B BK
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
is it urgent? another £100 or so would get you an ibanez s320 which despite a horrble paint job is a mighty fine guitar, or the s470 for another £150.

ibanez sa120 is worth a look if the vintage trem is ok with you.

If you don't need any kind of tremolo bar then there are a few more guitars within reach

Ibanez RG321
Jackson JS30DKT
Schecter Omen 6
Schecter 006 Deluxe
Peavey Rotor EX

Any of the last 3 would be my personal choice, some are a little over £200 but by no more than maybe £10

All of themc an be found at www.thomann.de
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
I played a Cort X6 yesterday, and for the price, IMO, it's an absolutely stunning guitar:

http://www.guitars.co.uk/acatalog/Cort_X-6_.html

Classy looking, the bridge pickup sounds just like a DiMarzio Super Distortion, neck is nice and smooth, coil splits give pleasant clean tones and it played like a beast. The neck felt stunning.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
^ always forget cort, definitely worth a look, i hear good things about the X series
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
^ always forget cort, definitely worth a look, i hear good things about the X series
For sure, I mean the X6 I played had rolled fingerboard edges, a smoother neck than my Fender, a more comfortable size neck than Ibanez, a seemingly high quality trem and good pickups, as well as a coilsplit. If you can, DEFINITELY give it a go. I was shocked to find out it cost £170, I thought it'd be more like £300 at least! The neck contour was really comfortable, imagine Ibanez but thicker and just fits in your hand real nice, and again, ROLLED FRETBOARD EDGES!

The grey metallic satin finish was so smooth and comfy too. I loved that thing.

Edit: After some user review reading, I hear the trems are like Edge IIIs - if you use them, the knife edges wear out pretty quick. If you don't use the trem at all, it'll stay in tune pretty much.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Last edited by MrCarrot at Oct 5, 2007,
yamaha pacifica 112, some of the lag hardtails, those'd be my picks. but as storm bringer says, if you can save up a little more... washburn x50 pro, hamer (non usa ones), etc. would all be in the running...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks guys, I found a real beast at the local guitar store. rally explorer, w/ sd alnico II's. £119! thanks for the help again! now i just need a new amp.., :P
Member of the Bugera Users Militia

Quote by JagerSlushy
Go with Ibanez...Or if you're going high-end, get a Jackson.
Have a look at the Ibanez SA series. I have one and it is a good reliable piece of guitar
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
go on ebay and look at the Rally guitars. they look pretty gd for £200. Ive heard the same people who make Rally guitars make Gibsons, but imj not sure if this is true
Epiphone les paul special ll, trust me, ive had it over 2 years now and its f*cking sweet!
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
Holy thread ressurection batman!
My metal is more br00t4lz than yours

Gear: