I can get one for like 100$ used. It's about 200 - 250 new. I was just wondering if this is a decent guitar that will last me for a while.

Also, can I run a regular electric guitar through a bass amp?

Any help is appreciated.
Depends on which model...

It's usually a good idea to stay away from any ESP LTDs under the 400 series, although sometimes you'll find a decent one.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Invest in another amp. Don't try to run your electric guitar through a bass amp. Won't sound right although if you want to do it for the time being you can till you get tired of it. Unless you have like a Marshall half stack or somthing where it doesn't matter whether its an electric or bass. The guitar would probably be a fine starter guitar, but you might want to start saving for something better
Last edited by dutch5367 at Oct 5, 2007,
agathis is usually not a preferred wood type... so i would say no

and yes you can run a guitar through a bass amp some musicians do it for a different size because of the difference in the size of the speaker
Cheap guitars don't usually "last" that long, eventually you get fed up with the tone and if they're really bad they will start to fall apart I would recommend a Schecter C-1 (It costs a bit more but it's well worth it). As for running guitar through a bass amp I find it to be a really interesting tone, but mabye not if your just starting out.
Well I'm a fairly advanced bassist but a Beginner guitarist. I actually started playing Bass in order to get ready for Guitar.
If you want to get the guitar just to start out with shouldn't be anything wrong with it, but if your planning to play for a long time your probably going to want to upgrade soon. Which one are you going to play more?
well, if you just want something to start out with you can go with an ESP, but you may want to save for something nicer. As for the amp you can use the bass amp, but I would suggest going to a store and trying out their regular electric amps and hear the sound difference. You may like playing through the bass amp or you may not. Its' going to be personal preference in the long run. My first guitar was a Samick which is an imitation Fender and it was $200. I got tired of it pretty quick because of the limitation of sound. I was sitting playing sweet child of mine by GNR and realized I couldn't get the right sound out of it that I wanted. Although strats are not as good in my opinion for that distorted sound I like. Within a few months I bought a Gibson Les Paul.
Last edited by dutch5367 at Oct 5, 2007,
What type of music do you want to play?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Standard strats aren't bad. I mean the really good strats are over $1000 but I couldn't afford that either. I'm a Gibson man myself, and I got my Les Paul for $800, but I would pick the strat over an ESP. I've played my brothers American strat and I don't like it near as much as my LP. For my type of music strats are not the way to go, rock and hard metal. If I was more in to blues I def. get a strat. Have you looked in to Ibanez at all?
I have but I kinda strayed away from them because they seem to be a brand which is best for Metal. A genre I have no interest in playing.

But if you have any Ibanez suggestions I'll look into it.
yeah for me Ibanez is a good sound. Have you looked in to maybe an Epiphone Les Paul?
Agathis isn't THAT bad. At least it ain't plywood.

I'd go for it. ESP guitars (even the low end) from my experience are built rock solid. It'll hold up to you. You'll get your 100 bucks worth.

'sides, it'll more than suffice as a learning tool.
Quote by AppleQueso
Agathis isn't THAT bad. At least it ain't plywood.

I'd go for it. ESP guitars (even the low end) from my experience are built rock solid. It'll hold up to you. You'll get your 100 bucks worth.

'sides, it'll more than suffice as a learning tool.

I agree with that. I mean if its only $100 for a starter go for it.
I recommend a used godin. The freeway classic and (if you want a floyd) the freeway floyd are great, versatile, toneful, and easy-playing. They also are north american made, and are of great quality.

I picked up my used godin freeway classic at guitar center used for $250, and it is easily on par with $1000-$2000 gibsons and fenders (the pickups are good, but not excellent, but I'm talking about the build quality, wood grain, intonation, and playability -- the action is LOW!)

don't go for big popular names. Look for smaller companies -- higher end samicks are OK, some are pretty good. But I find that godins are great bang for your buck.

if you want an SG, try and go for the faded special from gibson -- its like $600 for the genuine article.

stay away from g-400s at guitar center/musicians friend (others are ok) I'm pretty sure they raped me by selling me a hollow guitar body .

Ibanez S series are great too, but most aren't cheap.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
what about a ESP SG 310? I know it's almost like a starter guitar but I can get it for like I said roughly 100$. Do you think it'd be a good thing to mess around with and practice on?
For $100.00 Go For it. it is not going to sound that bad and if you decide to stay with the bass you could sell it to someone else and get your $100.00 back easy.
You will get a lot of people telling you to get something better but you are talking a 300% increase in price. For your first guitar it is a no brainer.
GO FOR IT !!!!!!!!!!!
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
I also know someone who could get me a good deal on a pickup upgrade. Should I get it fitted with some new pickups when I get it? Or leave it basic and just save up for something better down the line.
Esp models that are cheap i dont particuarlly rate, and yes you but on a bass amp you get different settings
Manchester United
ESP. agathis aint that bad, it sounds similar to mahogany but a bit "lighter" in tone and cheaper. i recommend and ESP 200 series stuff, and i'll tell you why:

50 : low end construction (bolt on, some fet issues) , low end components, low price
100 : low-mid end contucton (a bits beter than 50) , low end components, quilt top (better looks) and low price
200 : high end construction, low end components (that says it all)
400 : high end construction, mid end components(floyds, bridges,) high end components (pickups, wood, compensated nut, grover tuners)
1000 : high end construction, high end components (locking tuners, OFR, and alot more)
ESP standard: awesome construction,some of the best components.
ESP custom shop: nothing to say about this one

i found this somewere on the net, i dont remeber, but as you can see, the 200 series are good instruments with low end components that you can later change, like pups, tuners, and agathis aint that bad as people satanize it. ESP ftw
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Oct 5, 2007,