Page 1 of 2
So Top Gear starts again this Sunday at 8 on the beeb. Who'll be watching? Reckon it'll live up to the standard set by the last series and that legendary road trip?

I think it'll be just as good, but could prove to be one of the last.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
I can't wait.
And if by 'that' road trip, you mean the America one (God bless the dear people of Alabama)...they've got a lot to live up to!
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Well the last ones werent that good
Loved the old ones though, I live in the Netherlands and they show a lot of old ones here so I'm happy
phew, i heard rumours that the presenters nearly quit cuz the producers want it more guests and badly scripted funnies, whereas the presenters wanted moar cars and shiz. cant wait tho
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
I'll be watching. It will be great as usual.
The Caravanning trip/ People Carrier into a convertable was the funniest in the last series IMO.
We ain't pushing the boundaries, we're blowing them up.
We ain't trying to expand the scene, we want the scene to erupt.

i wish it played here in canada
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by OddOneOut
I can't wait.
And if by 'that' road trip, you mean the America one (God bless the dear people of Alabama)...they've got a lot to live up to!

I dunno the Ice one to the North Poll was pretty spectacular.

Also I don't think it'll be the last, they will just re-invent the program again like they did last time. To get the Sunday 8pm slot is a huge thing, it's prime-time viewing and I can see them let it go, however that might mean the program begins to decline the more series they do. We'll just have to see.

Ohh I will be watching
Filth, pure filth... That's what you are.
Yeah man, remember when the stig died me and my mates just watch that program and piss ourslves
Diezel, Motherfucker
I really didn't enjoy the North Pole one, it was just too 'out there' for me. The jokes were poor in it, and Clarkson was just too close minded for my liking. Ranulph Fiens was a bit of a gimp in it too.

Favourite road trip thing is definitely the one to America, it was just such a great concept, and no dull moments.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
clicky here for spoilers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/nextepisode.shtml

cant wait it looks amazing!
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
Quote by Burpin'Worm
I quite liked the Polar one, when Clarkson drove off with May on the Bumper Dumper haha.

I'll definitely watch the new ones, that and QI (tonight at ten!) are probably my favourite BBC shows, at the moment anyway.

Mock The Week?
how can i see this in the U.S.?
P.L.U.R.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end

We were fated to pretend
I'll try and watch it. My favourite was Clarkson in the Bugatti Veyron racing May and Hamster in the little plane from Italy to London. It was hilarious watching Hammond get wound up with May 'wasting time' checking the plane before flying, then when he had to fly right around the Alps, and he couldn't fly at night
After seeing the advert that featured some top quality vehicles (i.e. British Leyland ****e, such as an Austin/Vanden Plaas Princess), I will be watching.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Quote by Alix_D
Mock The Week?

The series has finished, so strictly speaking he's right. When it comes back on, its better than QI but not better than Top Gear.
i do like it but i would love to see clarkson get beaten to an inch of his life. i could imagine him in his suit jeans and permed mullet going 'dont hit the face'
It's got much more comedy over the years and less about cars.

But Top Gear is about as good as it gets

EDIT: The building amphibious cars was my favourite from the last series. Clarkson with his huge motor on the back and May "Travelling at the slowest speed ever recorded by man"
Last edited by Grundy0 at Oct 5, 2007,
can anyone remember what that cool car they talked about in the last series was called? the one that had more bhp than a veyron. the talked about it in the news section but i cant remember what it was.
Does it have Jeremy Clarkson?

If so, no. I hate that man.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by stevilkinevil
can anyone remember what that cool car they talked about in the last series was called? the one that had more bhp than a veyron. the talked about it in the news section but i cant remember what it was.

I didn't see that but could it be the Bristol Fighter T? It's the only production car i can think of with more power than a Veyron - 1012bhp!!!

EDIT:
I wanna know who the stig is

the first Stig (black race suit) was Perry McCarthy, a failed F1 driver who drove for Andrea Moda in 1992 but never qualified for a single race. He also tested for Arrows, Williams and Bennetton.
Last edited by Vince Noir at Oct 5, 2007,
Quote by Alix_D
Mock The Week?

Mock the Week has finished fool !
Quote by Slinov
i love you

I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
Quote by Vince Noir
I didn't see that but could it be the Bristol Fighter T? It's the only production car i can think of with more power than a Veyron - 1012bhp!!!

im not sure. i've had a look on google and theres actualy a few. like the locus plethore and the aero TT. I wonder how long it'l be before there are 1500 bhp production cars....
I think the reason the Stig is anonymous is so they can use different drivers depending on availability, supposedly Nigel Mansell and Damon Hill have both been the Stig at various times. But I do love the one where they got to the top speed of the Buggatti, I'm such a child but pure horsepower kicks ass.
I wanna grow up to be a debaser
Quote by stevilkinevil
im not sure. i've had a look on google and theres actualy a few. like the locus plethore and the aero TT. I wonder how long it'l be before there are 1500 bhp production cars....

I never even thought about the Aero, and that Plethore - 1300bhp and only £200,000!
Quote by tommo619
I'll be watching. It will be great as usual.
The Caravanning trip/ People Carrier into a convertable was the funniest in the last series IMO.

The fire was scripted as well as the cow in the USA one.

Yeah but the last series was epic. I really do hope it lives up to the last series.

There were parts where i had actual tears i was laughing that hard.
I LOVE Top Gear.
Have watched it since the beginning (well, as far as I knew what was going on )
The USA one was brilliant, I love the races, and have the first two races on my old laptop =]

I loved it when they went on a camping weekend.
Bloody brilliant stuff.

Top Gear, QI, Mock The Week, Never Mind The Buzzcocks ftw =]
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Vince Noir

I've always hated the Veyron, but this Bristol intregues me. Mainly because being a classic car enthusiast, I know the Bristol name quite well, and it's good to see it's back on a car
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Quote by ChaoticVengence
i wish it played here in canada

They do play it in Canada. On BBC Canada.
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor 814 CE-Fall Limited Edition

Quote by MiasmA
guys, i got it. pucture = the rare breed of green fruits that tend to laugh scoffingly and then question a statement. AKA lolwut pears

CASE CLOSED..
Love Top Gear. Hate Jeremy Clarkson, although it wouldn't be Top Gear without him.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Page 1 of 2