Alright well Christmas is only 2 months away, and i need a new amplifier BADLY. Alright first off, i need a better Amplifier. My current one is a Line 6 Spider II and it doesn't cut it, everything about it is WAY to digital, and it doesn't offer what i would like. I want like a Pantera kind of tone. Like a trash,heavy,sluggish tone, also like a Killswitch tone. But i don't know what amplifier to get. My budget for an amp tops can be NO! higher than $450 or $500. My guitar is fine for now, just need to do a string change, which I'm to lazy for due to the Floyd Rose double-lock

Can anyone tell me what would be good to get?
My Setup

Guitar-Jackson Dinky *Black*

Pickups- 2 Seymour Duncans

Tremolo- Floyd Rose

AMP- Line 6 Spider II

Men are monkeys, monkeys are monkeys.

Wait.. WTF?!
get a marshall =)
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
It's 3 months dum****...and even if it was only two months i mean it's still a long time.
Oh and get a VOX for the sake of the thread.
Alright this is not helping. Kookie there was no reason to flame. And I'm being told my 2 different people to get 2 different amps. Can someone give me an actual good amp, that would give me what i stated i want, and worth my money.
My Setup

Tremolo- Floyd Rose

AMP- Line 6 Spider II

Wait.. WTF?!
see if you can get a used 5150 combo off ebay...a lot of people are totally against combos, but i haven't played a 5150 combo that hasn't been brutal (and perfect for pantera covers, in terms of your budget). I haven't looked around on there for awhile, but they typically go for $380-$500. it'll have more gain than you'll ever need (i thought that statement was bold, but after owning a 6505+ for about five months i'd have to concur).
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (EMG 81/85)
Peavey 6505+
old Marshall 4x12
ISP decimator
MXR 10-band equalizer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Foxx Clean Machine
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Small Stone
member, electro-harmonix users' guild
Thanks for the advice mate! I'll deff check it out, even though i don't like to use ebay to much. But it's damn worth it if i have to.
My Setup

Tremolo- Floyd Rose

AMP- Line 6 Spider II

Wait.. WTF?!
Yeah, ebay and craigslist are both good. Use amps offer the best value.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
i love craigslist. and i second the used 5150 idea (though if you like crystal-clear cleans you'd be a bit outta luck)
Used Mesa F-30/F-50 or Peavey 5150.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I'm a nub to amps so i don't understand all this 986564857235/595012356826045 stuff. And i cant find a randall anymore. I think guitar center may have one, but would it fit my budget. Which is $450-$500.
My Setup

Tremolo- Floyd Rose

AMP- Line 6 Spider II

Wait.. WTF?!
Quote by FRDesign
Its a Peaveys Eddie van halen old sig amp, and since the EVH 5150 III came out they renamed it 6505.

Well... actually, the 5150 III just recently came out and the 6505 has been around for a while. The 5150 was renamed the 6505 because Van Halen no longer endorses them and "5150" was his own copyrighted name, so they switched it to 6505 in honor of their 40th anniversary ('65-05).
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
5150 Combo.
You CAN get them pretty cheap used on eBay/craigslist

But, i don't see any point in looking for it now...you are going to find a deal..and i'm about..99.8 percent sure that it won't be there when Christmas rolls around.
My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail
BBE Sonic-Stomp Sonic Maximizer.

Member #24 of the EHX Guild