I currently own a Yamaha Pacifica and I am growing tired of it so i was looking into purchasing a new guitar and the first one that comes to mind is the Fender Mustang, is it a worthwhile guitar? Cause i really love them
They're nice. But, maybe it's a new amp you need?
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
If you love it, sure it's a worthwhile guitar. But consider the market it was developed for -- the Mustang was intended to be part of Fender's "starter guitar" lineups. If you like how it sounds then that shouldn't be a problem foryou.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
Well i do plan on buying a new amp, speaking of which while were here, i need some suggestions on a new amp. i usually play a very mellow pop like style kinda like acoustic rock transposed to an electric guitar. but i need something that will play better than the little crate i have right now. i need something that can play cleanly for my electric/acoustic yet at the same time play some heavy stuff as well
firstly get a mustang as soon as you can, they are well worth it, secondly i'd go for an Orange valve amp (i think, i'm not that great with amps)
my books myspace
Here
read it, new chapter added every 2 weeks
A fender amp is great for cleans, the pro or blues junior are both all tube and sound absolutely fantastic for the price
Be aware that mustangs are short scale guitars, I can't really see why you want one, probably because you've seen someone famous with one right?

Why play acoustic music on an electric? Just buy an acoustic.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Maybe he wants a Mustang because he likes the feel and look? Maybe he likes the sound?
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
There's nothing wrong with short scale guitars. In fact, short scale guitars are often preferred by people with small hands. I play a short scale guitar (Fender Jaguar -- which was intended to be Fender's top-of-the-line guitar at the time it was made), as does anyone who's ever owned a Les Paul (if you consider 24.75" to be short scale).

Two friends of mine own Mustangs and they both love it. They're good guitars; comfortable and easy to play.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
Well in all honesty i wanted a new guitar to change my sound but i think im just going to invest in a new amp, but what kind of amp is good for like a very laid back style of rock ( and i do play on my acoustic but i was just sayin that i take that kind of a style like a slow laid back style and play it on my electric too) so i need an amp that can do that and if possible sound good on both my electric and acoustic electric guitars but idk much about amps