So I've seen a Jackson in a music shop but never got a chance to ask what model it was.

I know it's a Soloist of some sort, it's a trans blue, Floyd Rose Trem and Seymour Duncan pickups, normally I'm pretty good at picking up guitars as to what they are, but all the Soloist's I can find that fit this description are upwards of £1500, yet this one is priced at £799. I doubt it's one of the full bells and whistle jobs or else it wouldn't be this low, least of, I've never seen a US Soloist that cheap. Any ideas?
Funny words.
is this it?
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
^Well, I was told it was US made, coulda been wrong though I guess.

Also, shoulda mentioned, it's a HH pickup config.
Funny words.
Sounds like an SL3 as mentioned. Did it have binding on the neck, and where the inlays pearl or MOTO?

EDIT: What was the serial? Did it have Made in USA on the headstock?
Quote by CJRocker
Sounds like an SL3 as mentioned. Did it have binding on the neck, and where the inlays pearl or MOTO?

EDIT: What was the serial?

Pretty sure the inlays were Pearl, although I never had the guitar up close so I can't be certain on that, and even if I did look at the serial, I doubt I'd have remembered it

To Mwoit: New
Funny words.
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
Pretty sure the inlays were Pearl, although I never had the guitar up close so I can't be certain on that, and even if I did look at the serial, I doubt I'd have remembered it

To Mwoit: New

I don't think you got my edit, but did it say Made in USA on the headstock? It sounds like it could be an SL2H, but that doesn't explain the price tag.
are you sure it was a jackson? and wasn't 2nd hand and just had a jackson neck?
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Did it have "made in U.S.A." written on the headstock?

Like this one:

You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by ChaoticVengence
are you sure it was a jackson? and wasn't 2nd hand and just had a jackson neck?

I think all Soloists have thru-neck builds, although I could be wrong.
Quote by CJRocker
I don't think you got my edit, but did it say Made in USA on the headstock? It sounds like it could be an SL2H, but that doesn't explain the price tag.

Yeah, again, didn't see the headstock I'm afraid, next time I@m in there I'll have a look at it though.

http://jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2914000586

Looks exactly like that but with two humbuckers and no single coil.
Funny words.
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
Yeah, again, didn't see the headstock I'm afraid, next time I@m in there I'll have a look at it though.

Something like this?

This is the Sl2H in trans blue.

If this is the guitar you saw and you can get it that cheap, you should shoot yourself in the foot and then dip it in vinegar if you don't get it.
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Oct 5, 2007,
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man

See what it says on the head stock and get the serial number.

I think all Soloists have thru-neck builds, although I could be wrong.

Soloist = Any neck-thru Jackson
Dinky = Any bolt on Jackson
Quote by Bonsaischaap

Something like this?

Yeah that looks about right, what model is that?
Funny words.
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man

SL2H or an SL2H-MAH, like I suggested earlier
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man

Edited my original post.

Quote by CJRocker
SL2H or an SL2H-MAH, like I suggested earlier

Yes, but I had a pic

Also, here's a link to an English site selling it for 1799:

http://www.guitaruk.com/products.php?subcatid=9&catid=1
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Edited my original post.

Yes, but I had a pic

*split cookie in half and share*
Ahh, if it is that then I may actually do the foot shooting thing, considering I've already put a deposit down on another guitar

Although having said that, I do very much like that one I'm getting too.
Funny words.
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
Ahh, if it is that then I may actually do the foot shooting thing, considering I've already put a deposit down on another guitar

Although having said that, I do very much like that one I'm getting too.

Whatever it is, it's not going to blow this one away at that price. In fact, there aren't that many guitars that can straight up own this one.

This deal, provided it is the guitar I think it is, is better than sex.
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Whatever it is, it's not going to blow this one away at that price. In fact, there aren't that many guitars that can straight up own this one.

This deal, provided it is the guitar I think it is, is better than sex.

Seriously, I'm starting to regret my deposit more and more now

I'm definately getting this one next
Funny words.
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
Seriously, I'm starting to regret my deposit more and more now

I'm definately getting this one next

Just wondering, but what did you pay the deposit for?
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Just wondering, but what did you pay the deposit for?

Ibanez S2075FW, discontinued now, personally I prefer them to the newer S prestige guitars because they feel a little too light to me, and the fretboard on the newer ones I tried was a bit rough.

I work at a guitar shop and my boss let me borrow it over the weekend.

Funny words.
Doesn't happen to be that Ibanez S... is it? (Could be another user; not sure).

EDIT: Booya, I was right.
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
Ibanez S2075FW, discontinued now, personally I prefer them to the newer S prestige guitars because they feel a little too light to me, and the fretboard on the newer ones I tried was a bit rough.

I work at a guitar shop and my boss let me borrow it over the weekend.

I must say, that's one nice looking Ibanez (and I could have known it was this one because you posted a thread about removing the D-tuna)
Quote by Bonsaischaap
I must say, that's one nice looking Ibanez (and I could have known it was this one because you posted a thread about removing the D-tuna)

Yeah, that was the first thing that drew me to it, it just looks so unique as opposed to the other guitars I'd been looking at which mainly had flat paint jobs, but this looks very much worthy of being called "Prestige"
Funny words.
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
Yeah, that was the first thing that drew me to it, it just looks so unique as opposed to the other guitars I'd been looking at which mainly had flat paint jobs, but this looks very much worthy of being called "Prestige"

Yup.

Ibanez should get the award for inventing the most different shades of black.

It's pretty insane how boring the biggest part of their line up is today, which is why I bought the yellow reissue model. Ibanez should really get their stuff together when it comes to building new and original products these days (or even using a paintjob other than black, blue, red, white and weird graphic).
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Yup.

Ibanez should get the award for inventing the most different shades of black.

It's pretty insane how boring the biggest part of their line up is today, which is why I bought the yellow reissue model. Ibanez should really get their stuff together when it comes to building new and original products these days (or even using a paintjob other than black, blue, red, white and weird graphic).

Very true, the shop I work in has got a '92 Green Universe guitar with pink and yellow pickups, didn't like it at first but it's growing on me, Price on asking though

EDIT: Hell, while we're on it, we've also got in one of the 20th Anniversary See-through Jem's, incredible looking, although not even my boss will play it, it's a steep price tag.
Funny words.
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
Very true, the shop I work in has got a '92 Green Universe guitar with pink and yellow pickups, didn't like it at first but it's growing on me, Price on asking though

EDIT: Hell, while we're on it, we've also got in one of the 20th Anniversary See-through Jem's, incredible looking, although not even my boss will play it, it's a steep price tag.

Yup.

Once, I had to prove to a guitarstore owner I was good enough to try the Bad Horsie Jem; and this one's even more expensive (although it doesn't scratch that easily and the case you get with it makes it all worth it).

Anyway, these 20th ann. models make me happy and sad at the same time; their great and I love mine, but at the same time they remind me of how great Ibanez used to be and maybe even worse, it also shows that they can listen to their customers if they try, yet these were the only bright coloured ones they released.

Oh well, I can always dream of the 100th ann. models coming out next year: more colours, more maple fretboards, a new PGM and more old neck profiles.
Bad Horsie Jem? Lucky man! Although I can't imagine what the shop owner would have done if you proved unworthy of playing the guitar.

EDIT: What's the new PGM gonna be like? And also what is the RG550 20th model like? Is it near enough the same as the originals? To be honest I was planning on boycotting Ibanez in the sense that I didn't like any of their new stuff, then I got turned to this discontinued model, which albeit is only 2005, but still, from my experience, blows their newer stuff out of the water.
Funny words.
Last edited by I_Am_Iron_Man at Oct 5, 2007,
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
Bad Horsie Jem? Lucky man! Although I can't imagine what the shop owner would have done if you proved unworthy of playing the guitar.

Not let me play it?

Kill me?

Seriously though, it was quite weird to have to show him on a different Ibanez that I could play, only to try a guitar out without paying a deposit first.

Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man

EDIT: What's the new PGM gonna be like? And also what is the RG550 20th model like? Is it near enough the same as the originals? To be honest I was planning on boycotting Ibanez in the sense that I didn't like any of their new stuff, then I got turned to this discontinued model, which albeit is only 2005, but still, from my experience, blows their newer stuff out of the water.

New PGM: I hope there's going to be one. Many people think it's going to be the orange PGm, but it's already a few years old. It might also be the reversed Iceman.

20th ann.: I love it, I really do. The neck has the original profile which is thin and comfortable, with the only difference being the five piece construction (looks nice and adds strenght) and the titanium reinforcement (prevents warping).

Eventhough I like the AANJ it's also a nice touch they used the original neck joint.

The maple board was a major point for me (one of the things I like about the PGM301).

The only thing I don't like is the trem. The quality is great, that's not the problem, it's just that I prefer hardtails.

Given that Ibanez could have made this guitar a lot more expensive due to the the fact that it's limited makes it even nicer that it's so affordable.

For reference:

Reverse Iceman:

All the PGMs up to now (without the acoustics):

Quote by Bonsaischaap

Something like this?

This is the Sl2H in trans blue.

If this is the guitar you saw and you can get it that cheap, you should shoot yourself in the foot and then dip it in vinegar if you don't get it.

Wow Thats Quite Something.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08