Right i need the best brootalz...rivera knucklehead/vht deliverance/mesa mark iv or other/hughes and kettener triamp/engl SE/Bognor XTC/Soldano SLO/other

Come forth with your knowledge. I would have to travel 500 miles to try all these amps out anyway. I am gonna sell all my guitars bar one and get the best amp.
ENGL powerball
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Boger Uberschall for the best Br00talz. It sounds 3D and it has more gain than almost anything else out there. Amazing amp if you're willing to spend $2800 on the head.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Id say Engl, as those are about the most metal amps out there. Uberschalls are also pretty heavy. try out a Mesa Triple Rectifier. Expensive as heck, but apparently some amazing distortion.
Quote by bodomfan666
ENGL powerball

i think its a step below the others mentioned. Uberschall.. i dont need all that much gain just tone man
Quote by omarrodrigez
Boger Uberschall for the best Br00talz. It sounds 3D and it has more gain than almost anything else out there. Amazing amp if you're willing to spend $2800 on the head.

wow that amp sounds like an armoured personel carrier crushing iraqi civillians

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGJfZeYPZc0
Quote by zzany1
wow that amp sounds like an armoured personel carrier crushing iraqi civillians

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGJfZeYPZc0

While that tone does not interest me whatsoever, it's daaaaamn heavy.
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
Quote by zzany1
i think its a step below the others mentioned. Uberschall.. i dont need all that much gain just tone man

The XTC and Uberschall have tons of tone, and man is it br00tal.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Quote by zzany1
i think its a step below the others mentioned.

Don't judge an amp by price alone-the Powerball is an incredible metal amp. The Framus Cobra is the best sounding metal amp I've played through, far better than the Uberschall, which I really didn't like too much. The Diezel Herbert would also be well worth a look.
Quote by Nolly
Don't judge an amp by price alone-the Powerball is an incredible metal amp. The Framus Cobra is the best sounding metal amp I've played through, far better than the Uberschall, which I really didn't like too much. The Diezel Herbert would also be well worth a look.

nothing to do with price. its fizzy and gritty IMHO. The Diezel cant match the ones i listed either
Quote by zzany1
nothing to do with price. its fizzy and gritty IMHO. The Diezel cant match the ones i listed either

Yeah, the Diezel gets pretty heavy but it's a bit on the darker side (compared to the amps listed IMO). I have an SLO 100, & I can vouch first hand that I've never heard any other amp that can compete with it without an OD or something. You plug straight into it, & it'll absolutely nail any Metallica. I've played a ton of amps, & the SLO IS t3h br00talz come to life. I must recommend, though, that you should at least try the Framus Cobra & Uberschall, because I've heard nothing but the greatest praise for both of them, & I've never gotten to try them . I'll be trying them when I go back to the NAMM show in January!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by riffhog
Yeah, the Diezel gets pretty heavy but it's a bit on the darker side (compared to the amps listed IMO). I have an SLO 100, & I can vouch first hand that I've never heard any other amp that can compete with it without an OD or something. You plug straight into it, & it'll absolutely nail any Metallica. I've played a ton of amps, & the SLO IS t3h br00talz come to life. I must recommend, though, that you should at least try the Framus Cobra & Uberschall, because I've heard nothing but the greatest praise for both of them, & I've never gotten to try them . I'll be trying them when I go back to the NAMM show in January!

what do you think of this vox tonelab soldano patch?. i think it sounds pretty real

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB6MYetigqA&mode=related&search=
Quote by Untitled001
That's not even turned up much.. I can like still hear his strings D:

hes put other vids up today
I"ve played a lot of metal amps. The Uberschall was the best I've played for straight metal. I also really liked the Soldano SLO/Decatone (if you need information comparing soldano's PM me) and the Rivera K-Tre. Soldano is the best I've played for shred, as its the least fizzy. The Mesa Road King was very good as well. It doesn't sound like normal Dual Recs. It has a lot of versitility, and many good tones. Its possibly a bit better for straight metal stuff than the Rivera or the Soldano. The Rivera had the best cleans imo of any of the amps I've mentioned so far, but does other stuff very well too. I've tried a lot of other amps too, but those are the four that I liked the most. If you have any questions about these or other amps, let me know.

Edit: Half full, have you tried the spec op? I really want to but I can't anywhere near me. If you have, how was it?
I have not tried it, but I've read plenty of reviews.
Its supposedly more brutal than any Bogner, one dude even took it to the Bogner factory and all the employees were pretty amazed by it.

Its tighter and has more attack, and supposedly a slightly better clean.

If you want to, I can PM you a link to another forums with a bunch of info on em.
Quote by Half_Full
I have not tried it, but I've read plenty of reviews.
Its supposedly more brutal than any Bogner, one dude even took it to the Bogner factory and all the employees were pretty amazed by it.

Its tighter and has more attack, and supposedly a slightly better clean.

If you want to, I can PM you a link to another forums with a bunch of info on em.

cool man do that
i think you really need to try them. All of those (that I've tried) are good in their own way, and it's really personal preference as to which you prefer...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by zzany1
what do you think of this vox tonelab soldano patch?. i think it sounds pretty real

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB6MYetigqA&mode=related&search=

The Vox Tonelabs are very good modelers, & can sound very close to the real thing, no question. The difference is when you play a Tonelab (or any modeler) at gig volume & compare how it responds to your touch & pick attack compared to a semi-cranked SLO, it's night & day difference. Every little thing you do w/ the pick is transmitted ultra-clearly w/ an SLO (very unforgiving of sloppy technique) & cuts through the mix like you can't believe. The modelers can still sound similar but don't have the punch & responsiveness of the real thing, kind of sterile sounding. Most people listening to you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference (because audiences in general really don't care about tone), but it's a lot more fun to play the real thing, because there's a much broader range of articulation available. Just my opinion...
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by riffhog
The Vox Tonelabs are very good modelers, & can sound very close to the real thing, no question. The difference is when you play a Tonelab (or any modeler) at gig volume & compare how it responds to your touch & pick attack compared to a semi-cranked SLO, it's night & day difference. Every little thing you do w/ the pick is transmitted ultra-clearly w/ an SLO (very unforgiving of sloppy technique) & cuts through the mix like you can't believe. The modelers can still sound similar but don't have the punch & responsiveness of the real thing, kind of sterile sounding. Most people listening to you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference (because audiences in general really don't care about tone), but it's a lot more fun to play the real thing, because there's a much broader range of articulation available. Just my opinion...

kl thx for the input