So I have this Epiphone Hollowbody guitar, which used to belong to my dad, it looks like this:

The story goes that my dad bought the neck and the body on two separate occasions, and then fixed it, which is weird, because they match perfectly. Now, the Sticker inside the F-Hole reads:

Style:
Epiphone: EA-250
No.: Riviera

Epiphone Inc., Kalamazoo, Michigan

Kalamazoo indicates that it isn't one of the American ones, right? But what intrigues me is that, apparently the Sticker is not stamped correctly, because I reckon "Style "should read EA-250, "Epiphone" Riviera and "No." the serial number, whiich is mssing.
Any ideas?
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
Kalamazoo is in Michigan...which is in America...there fore...you get it...
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
Ups...o my god, i'm stupid.
I didnt think that Epi did guitars in the US other than the Elitist. And theres no pickguard screws or P-90s, so its not a very recent Riviera id think. Looks rly nice tho. it might be an 80's or 90s Riviera.
it's an old epiphone riviera

and yes by what you say the sticker does appear to be incorrect
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by qotsa1998
I didnt think that Epi did guitars in the US other than the Elitist. And theres no pickguard screws or P-90s, so its not a very recent Riviera id think. Looks rly nice tho. it might be an 80's or 90s Riviera.

Your right about Epi in the US, even there elitist are built in Japan frequently.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
And the original Epiphones, I mean before Gibson bought the company (when was that, anyway?), weren't they made in the USA?
Quote by Dark Aegis
You might have a rare misprint or possibly a chinese copy or something like that who knows

If so, it's a good copy, because it plays and sounds absolutely amazing.
Quote by Dark Aegis
You might have a rare misprint or possibly a chinese copy or something like that who knows

Nope its real

and im pretty sure you can get over $1000 (us) for it if you sold it.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Gibson bought Epiphone in 1958, but I don't think Rivieras were made until 1960. Epis were made in Kalamazoo until 1970, then they moved to Japan. I'm not sure that's a Riviera anyway, as they had mini-buckers, but those seem to be full size.
Quote by which ones pink
I'm not sure that's a Riviera anyway, as they had mini-buckers, but those seem to be full size.

The EA-250's had full-size humbuckers, and that is why they're rarer than the other riveria model(s).
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

So probably my guitar is made in the USA? Or wouldn't it say anything about Japan on the sticker even if it was made there?
Yeah, but the serial number is missing, as you'd know if you had read the thread.
Quote by fexnah
So probably my guitar is made in the USA? Or wouldn't it say anything about Japan on the sticker even if it was made there?

It's made in the U.S. in the Gibson factory. Epis were made there in the 60's and yours a 60's Epi. You could probably get quite a lot for it, I'd say maybe $1000-2000 depending on the buyer.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Ok, nice. I wouldn't dream of selling it though, I'd rather die.
Last edited by fexnah at Oct 5, 2007,