is there any way to obtain two different volume levels out of a single channel amp? like, is there a pedal which you can use to make you audibly louder (not like a gain boost) as to switch between like rhythm volume and solo volume?
^That will perform exactly the same as the volume knob on your guitar.

You want a clean booster.
Quote by mr_hankey
^That will perform exactly the same as the volume knob on your guitar.

You want a clean booster.

Exactly. Some good ones are the MXR Micro Amp or the EHX Linear Power Booster, but they both boost in different ways.
that is really expensive of ra boost
look into a boosta grande (that's what i have)
or an MXR micro amp
or something similar
they are "clean boosts"
i build an Alembic Stratoblaster, and it's definitely a GREAT unit. it fits in a guitar nicely too. definitely recommend it. i got 5 more clean boost builds coming, so can't say much about it. but the stratoblaster is definitely better sounding than the EHX LPB. SB used JFET transistors, and i guess it boosts more guitar friendlier than the bipolar silicon (2N5088, etc.) in the LPB.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
yea you might want to try the boosters first though, because they tend to be too trebley, so try the ones you want. a boss sd-1 can be used as boost and it adds warmth, not brightness.
Sigs are too hard to think up
Quote by the_crimison
yea you might want to try the boosters first though, because they tend to be too trebley, so try the ones you want. a boss sd-1 can be used as boost and it adds warmth, not brightness.

That's a coloured mid-booster though if used like that, to just change volume you want a transparent clean booster.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.