Is this combination any good? The engl cab is a lot worse than a mesa recto cab 2x12? Or "it depends on taste"? I'm asking cause here in europe the difference in the price make me thing of buying an engl cab... Any thoughs?

Cheers
I've never tried one, but I hear the recto cabs are ****e.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Recto cabs imo are a tad muddy- If I was to get a mesa cab, it would have to be a traditional one.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
Recto cabs imo are a tad muddy- If I was to get a mesa cab, it would have to be a traditional one.

But the traditional aren't only in 4x12? or exists a 2x12?
errrm, I'm not sure- take a look
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

The traditional cabs are the stilletto, right? If so, there is 2x12. I don't know, considering i'm gonna use high gain settings on the mark, the traditional would sound better than the recto?

Someone has experience regarding engl cabs plus mark 4? The guy in the store told me he really liked the sound of the engl cab through a rectifier head.
I really don't think you can go far wrong with Orange cabs, the 2x12 sounds really nice and you're not paying the premium for the mesa name on it
^ +1 Orange cabs are really nice
And they're orange!
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

ha, why not go for the avatar orange-copy? looks sexy as hell, dunno if i'm gonna get one with my mark... think it'd clash?

and i don't find recto 2x12s to be muddy, it must be the (oversized) 4x12s dimensions that make it really susceptible to boomy/bassiness.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by UnsignedRecords
ha, why not go for the avatar orange-copy? looks sexy as hell, dunno if i'm gonna get one with my mark... think it'd clash?

TS is from Portugal.

Mesa is expensive in Europe. Avatar's aren't an option since they don't ship abroad and Orange are manufactured within the EU
damn, didn't see that. i guess i figured the mesa's an option if he's getting the mark iv. but with that in mind, yeah there's better and cheaper options.

Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Ok, the options here are:

Mesa Recto 2x12
Engl 2x12 (about 200 euros cheaper than the mesa)
Framus FR 2x12 (about 350 cheaper than the mesa)

The guy in the store told me only good things about the engl. Here in the forum say that the framus is very acceptable for the price. I don't know, maybe wait a little longer and buy a mesa...

EDIT: oh yeah, and the orange too, i'm gonna see their prices here.
i haven't tried many other cabs, but the mesa definitely wouldn't be worth the price by you. i'm not even sure if they are "better" than the engl or framus cabs.

the price is so different because mesa is extremely overpriced in europe.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by Yngwi3
^ +1 Orange cabs are really nice
And they're orange!

That, by far is the most important part though
Quote by double_kill

EDIT: oh yeah, and the orange too, i'm gonna see their prices here.

You should get a good deal on them, because i think they're outa england.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
It's the recto 4x12s that are muddy, and yet, I don't really find them that muddy or bassy.

I can't think of a 2x12 cab that I've used that hasn't had a tight tone. They're even tighter when they're closedbacks.

Because you'd be paying a lot more for a MESA cab because they're imported, you should probably go with a framus, diezel, orange, marshall, or engl cab.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio