Inspired by the thread of the opposite name, what songs from your favourite bands do you wish they never recorded?

Mine are:

I Like Dirt, Hump De Bump-RHCP
In Between-Linkin Park
The Last Remaining Light-Audioslave
Beautiful World-RATM
Go With the Flow, Turning On The Screw-QOTSA
What have we learned.....

Words are weightless here on earth,
because they're free

.....from this wee exercise?
i cant think of one because i only listen to good bands.
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
Despite my Nirvana addiction, I hate the song "School". I just don't get why the other Nirvana fans like it...
Last edited by mental_zer0 at Oct 5, 2007,
Quote by mental_zer0
Despite my Nirvana addiction, I hate the "School". I just don't get why the other Nirvana fans like it...

School > You!
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Quote by kinzoku
i cant think of one because i only listen to good bands.

So you're saying you love every song from every band you listen to?

because they're free

I used to hate a lot of the RHCP songs, but love the band themselves. Now I hate a lot of their songs (their latest stool sample especially), and am indifferent to the band themselves.

There are swathes of the Beatles' White album that should never have seen the light of day. For starters:

Wild Honey Pie
Bungalow Bill
Glass Onion
Revolution 9
Piggies

Also:

A Girl Like You - Orange Juice
You Just Haven't Earned It Yet, Baby - The Smiths
Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me - The Smiths
A Night Like This - The Cure

There's really too many to mention. Good songs by bands you hate are a lot rarer than bad songs by bands that you love.
Quote by GlamSpam

I developed a thought experiment to explain why you can't remember anything before you were born:
Quote by con job
Inspired by the thread of the opposite name, what songs from your favourite bands do you wish they never recorded?

Mine are:

I Like Dirt, Hump De Bump-RHCP
In Between-Linkin Park
The Last Remaining Light-Audioslave
Beautiful World-RATM
Go With the Flow, Turning On The Screw-QOTSA

How can you hate Turning on the Screw?
I mean, I know you're spposed to be allowed an opinion, but you waver the right using it like that :|
I kid, dislike what you want I just think it's awesome.

I dont like Dr Greenthumb by Cypress Hill or Starlight by Muse

Spongebob Grindpants by The Devil Wears Prada. its actually just awful.

that and enter sandman - tallica.
Quote by Nemesis260
police is logical. or do your duty and rape him back

GEAR:
Laney BH150
Marshall B150
Line6 Spider II 15
BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal (80's!)
Epi SG Special
Peavey Milestone III
Quote by suffer some

There are swathes of the Beatles' White album that should never have seen the light of day. For starters:

Wild Honey Pie
Bungalow Bill
Glass Onion

Revolution 9
Piggies

wha-wha-wha-whaaaaat?!?!?! I'm afraid you're ill, my boy.

Wild Honey Pie we can do without tho.
Quote by con job
Go With the Flow-QOTSA

That's one of my favourite songs! Dman you.

My favourite band, the Manic Street Preachers, I don't like alot of songs from their first albums.
Quote by con job
So you're saying you love every song from every band you listen to?

i only listen to good albums, most of the time they dont have ****ty songs. unless its a bad album, then i dont even bother. i could list some ****ty albums.
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
How can you hate Turnin' On The Screw and Go With The Flow!?

both thoses songs had me completely hooked the first time I heard them.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
If I wanted to read excessive ammounts of text I'd have read erotic literature, not wikipedia.
Supernova by Fear Factory. I just hate it. I'm half-expecting them to cover Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne now. Blurgh, it sounds so airy-fairy and poppy. I miss the Demanufacture days
Quote by 7DaySkeptic
Supernova by Fear Factory. I just hate it. I'm half-expecting them to cover Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne now. Blurgh, it sounds so airy-fairy and poppy. I miss the Demanufacture days

Yeah them days kick major ass

because they're free

Quote by 7DaySkeptic

Cool I've had that album for years but never properly listened to it - any stand out songs?
Quote by :Revenga:
How can you hate Turning on the Screw?

It just seems like noise to me I don't like the guitar in it.

Ah well it's all opinion

Quote by Jackolas
Cool I've had that album for years but never properly listened to it - any stand out songs?

Yeah, for me Replica, Dog Day Sunrise, Self Bias Resistor, Body Hammer and Pisschrist all hit the spot

And another song to add to dislike list while I'm at it

Flashpoint-Fear Factory(bit weak IMO)

because they're free

Go with the Flow is an awesome song. And hating Enter Sandman??? just wrong imo.

I wish Funeral for a Friend hadnt done Sonny. i dont like it, as it completely deviates from the emo-core CD into a techno-electronica song. Or The Willing Well III i think it is. the rest of the Willing Well is pretty dark and awesome, but this song goes completely against it with a very poppish song. i can barely listen to it. And Blood Red Summer and A Favor House Atlantic. i dont rly like any of those songs, but i love Coheed.
Last edited by qotsa1998 at Oct 5, 2007,
I just can't stand Go With The Flow it's too poppy for me and so doens't fit in with the rest SFTD

because they're free

I don't like Blood Red Summer either. and i don't really like Creep by Radiohead either
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Quote by Jackolas

!!! My favourite album of all time!

I ORDER YOU (very politely mind) TO PLAY IT! (please)

The only song that DOESN'T stand out is Dog Day Sunrise, but even that's pretty enjoyable.

The ultimate tracks are Demanufacture, Pisschrist and the almighty Zero Signal. Give it a whirl mate!
minstrel's prayer and the best by cartel.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Pretty much all of 'Endless Nameless' by The Wildhearts. Nothing wrong with the songs, just the horrible distorted 'white noise' production on everything
Quote by con job
I just can't stand Go With The Flow it's too poppy for me and so doens't fit in with the rest SFTD

I find Gonna Leave You a lot more poppy than Go With The Flow... Oh well.
Holiday in Cambodia - Dead Kennedys
Beutifull (grammar police will kill me) World - RATM
Wings pt. 1 and 2 - Tool
For the Girl - The Fratellis
Quote by con job
Yeah, for me Replica, Dog Day Sunrise, Self Bias Resistor, Body Hammer and Pisschrist all hit the spot

And another song to add to dislike list while I'm at it

Flashpoint-Fear Factory(bit weak IMO)

IN FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAMES! etc. Yeah I guess it's not really the height of musicianship, lol Kinda fits in well with the rest of the album though, whereas I wasn't sure Dog Day Sunrise did. I take it you've heard/own Transgression con job?
To be honest, I listen to the first four tracks, Moment of Impact (right at the end) then call it quits. Maybe bung in Archetype instead (which, IMO, is right up there with Obsolete and almost Demanufacture)
Led Zeppelin - Trampled Under Foot

All of Megadeth's Risk and The World Needs a Hero.
Quote by bigwillie
CornLord, you just blew my mind.