Yeah I'm not sure where this goes in the forum, but I need to know what I can do to increase the ease when it comes to playing and singing in odd time signatures. I'm able to play a couple of Tool songs and sing them at the same time, but my band wants more out of me. To be able to play guitar with ease while counting in a different pentameter for singing. It's weird. But I think I can do it, but I need some tips on how to go about doing it. Any help would be appreciated.
I can handle this reasonably, I just say learn the song so you can play it with ease from muscle memory. But you probably already know this
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
well what I do is play it really slowly, like not slow when u practice, but like slow like in the matrix slow. and slowly mouth the words ur going to say at that point and try to memorize where ur picking hand should be during each syllable u say. I can't rlly play that well, but what I can play singing and playing , it's like i focused on certain words for each down stroke and any second that u are not singing, or not picking, u use that chance to think about the next note