i mesed up the other one by mixing up amp and bass lmao this has nothing to do with basses.

i have a first gig coming up and i got a few hundred bucks and what do i get? a Tom Delonge strat or a new amp cause mine is a crappy 30 watt electric amp. I'm thinking the amp. What's a cheap loud amp for gigs and stuff that can sound punk?
Last edited by green room at Oct 5, 2007,
Crate V32. 32 watt tube amp that goes for under 300 on flea bay.

Also a Crate Power Block through a 2x12 with a distortion pedal.

A Tom Delonge is now like $500, and though it'd be NICE to have (I want one too), you gotta take care of the amp situation if you're gigging.
Which can i get at guitarcenter or something for cheaper? also what is a 2x12? ii have a distortion pedal but its a digitech deathmetal o.O
Quote by garrett5
Amps is where the sound is at.

How big of gig Are you playing?

like 500 - 800 people. its a freaking fair :[
go e-bay for a Crate Powerblock. They can be had for around $100-$150 on e-bay, and have 150W SS which is pretty loud, but they're small as hell. Buy a 2x12 speaker cab, or a 4x12 if you can find one.
Quote by Scum_PunkRocker
go e-bay for a Crate Powerblock. They can be had for around $100-$150 on e-bay, and have 150W SS which is pretty loud, but they're small as hell. Buy a 2x12 speaker cab, or a 4x12 if you can find one.
No way.

Find a used 5150. Im sure 2x12+50W Tube should be loud enough.
2x12 is a cabinet that has 2 12' speakers and 150 watts ss is 150 solid state watts (solid state-ss) and tube watts are about 2.5 times louder than ss wats so 10 tube watts is about 25 ss watts. Tube amps sound better when tuned up past 4 or so and ss amps sound worse tunred up past that. If you want to buy one go for a tube, and just look around for a peavey valveking or if your lucky a 6505 or 5150, or a crate tube amp
Exactly how do you have to spend? If your playing a fair, then they will mic your amp. Get a create palomino v15, or any other 15 watt tube combo. It will be loud enough. There is no way you would play a fair without micing the amp.
Eyes
Quote by woodenbandman
My dear man, I must petition you for photographic evidence, or the described events cannot be verified, and will be written off as fallacy.
Eyes
Quote by woodenbandman
My dear man, I must petition you for photographic evidence, or the described events cannot be verified, and will be written off as fallacy.
^ +1
especially to the Big Muff, depending on the type of punk you play. A DS-1 or Ds-2 might be better than a muff. I'm not sure about the rat, I haven't heard much about those.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Peavey Windsor maybe?
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

AH...i just got a valveking today...its amamzing
but make sure your try the one tht u get out b.c mine has something llose in it
or something
If you can find one: Used SF Fender tube combos make GREAT Punk amps. Great cleans and take pedals really well.