Page 1 of 4
I dno about you but imo myspace is going to be the death of music.
it seems like anyone can throw a few chords together and get a record label
wheres what music is really about?
sitting in your room for hours learning to play guitar and feeling that buzz when you hit your firdt p.h or your first run
wanting to be different
the feeling of once you get there you can say ''i ****ing did it, everyone said i wouldnt well look at me now''

but no
it seems all that is going to die
it's pissing me off so i really had to say this somewhere
if it carries on like this no legends will be born
you think if iron maiden or metallica had a myspace 20-25 yrs ago they would be this big?
NO
they would of been that months band and forgotten next month
its breaking my heart
i for one am never going to get a myspace music page
(and i never download either, if the band can go to the effort of writing and recording i can atleast go out and buy it)
but i would like you all just for a second to thnk about what it is im trying to say
and pass this msg on
maybe if we are lucky the guitar riff will be welcomed back and legends will be born
not 15 minutes sing along pub bands
Quote by christ_on_acid
I dno about you but imo myspace is going to be the death of music.
it seems like anyone can throw a few chords together and get a record label
wheres what music is really about?
sitting in your room for hours learning to play guitar and feeling that buzz when you hit your firdt p.h or your first run
wanting to be different
the feeling of once you get there you can say ''i ****ing did it, everyone said i wouldnt well look at me now''

but no
it seems all that is going to die
it's pissing me off so i really had to say this somewhere
if it carries on like this no legends will be born
you think if iron maiden or metallica had a myspace 20-25 yrs ago they would be this big?
NO
they would of been that months band and forgotten next month
its breaking my heart
i for one am never going to get a myspace music page
(and i never download either, if the band can go to the effort of writing and recording i can atleast go out and buy it)
but i would like you all just for a second to thnk about what it is im trying to say
and pass this msg on
maybe if we are lucky the guitar riff will be welcomed back and legends will be born
not 15 minutes sing along pub bands

You are the biggest idiot i have EVER seen on these forums, and I have seen some chumps.
There is poetry in despair.
why am i,
because its pissing me off music isnt taken seriously anymore
or because my hours of practice to be a great guitarist are just gonna be pushed aside by a 14yr old cpower chord trio
So apparently UG is killing music too, considering it offers the same thing...
ok lets get a few things straight.

1-Metallica are crummy musicians
and
2-It is now harder than ever to get signed on a record label b/c of the selection labels now have to choose from.
and
3-Metallica really sucks
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Gays aren't discriminated against, they just can't get married, big ****ing deal.
Quote by fridge_raider
You are the biggest idiot i have EVER seen on these forums, and I have seen some chumps.

Thank you for saying that so I don't have to.

You're so wrong. Myspace is a great starting point for some really good bands to gain some more recognition and give them a greater chance at succeeding.
Quote by christ_on_acid
why am i,
or because my hours of practice to be a great guitarist are just gonna be pushed aside by a 14yr old cpower chord trio

Music should never be taken seriously. Stop trying to be elitist.

MySpace is proving to be a useful advertising tool. Stop jumping on bandwagons.
**** this
**** you all
no wonder music is dying
go **** yourselves all of you
stupied ****s
lets see you call me an idiot in 10yrs when its worse
yeah those bands are here for a while and have one or two hits(maybe)and then they're gone. like a lot of 90's "grunge" bands and 80's hair metal bands. it's just the modern thing.
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
Myspace isn't killing music. It's killing teenagers.

No body listents to the "1 hour pub band) because they suck. Get over it. Were you one of those bands? If a band is good enough, they'll be heard.
Quote by fridge_raider

Wow I can guarantee you he is not the "Biggest" idiot.
TS I don't see how Myspace or any other web service can destroy music.
It provides people with a new way to market themselves. The market will determine who gets to be the next big thing.
We are the market.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
It's an amazing way for people to get their OWN original music out there. Not every ****ing person is going to sit in their room for 5 hours a night determined to get a record label. They just want their own music for other people to enjoy.

It's also a good way for promoting shows too. I've found so many great bands through myspace music. I see absolutely no problem with it.
Quote by christ_on_acid
**** this
**** you all
no wonder music is dying
stupied ****s
Hm, I'm gonna write a song about that and post it on my Myspace. Awesome!
i see what your saying. thats just the way of the time. im pissed at how popular Hip Hop is and all it takes is a drug dealer with some "Fat Rymes" to go and make millions. theres even kids show called hip-hop harry that will conform the next generation into Hip Hop following drones. it is a epidemic.
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
Na, I really feel where this guy is coming from. The majority of myspace bands are powerchord trioes like that guy said, and there really is no such thing as a "riff" anymore in most modern music, just rhythms...much less a guitar solo. It is a shame that everyone I know likes ****ty music, whether they realize it is **** or not, I don't know.
Why were you drawn to music? Because of the technical ability and years of practice it took for a musician to make it or the way it sounds? I mean, if someone can make a great sounding piece of music using just a few chords, who cares that it uses just a few chords? It sounds good to people's ears and very well could be the emotional outlet for some musician. I'll listen to something if it sounds good, whether it uses 3 simple chords or involves complex harmonies, modulation, chord progressions, etc.
MySpace is killing people's will to live and further sapping the intelligence of human beings. But real music will never be compromised.
and in todays news, a creepy 13 year old kid going under the online alias of "christ on acid" was seen at a local concert brutally murdering a low key young band of 15 yr old kids striving to make it in the musical world. "christ on acid" later was found hanging in his room with a suicide note that read: "**** EVERTYHING"
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Gays aren't discriminated against, they just can't get married, big ****ing deal.
maybe you're a good guitarist but you're not a good musician?

I don't know

umm... record your stuff and put it out there. If you haven't tried then don't bitch about it.

This has always been this way. Hair metal, alternative grunge bands, you name it.

Quit wasting your time and play guitar.

there are alot of amazing bands out there, and if there wasn't ****ty music, you'd have to complain about better bands.
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Quote by kirbyrocknroll
Why were you drawn to music? Because of the technical ability and years of practice it took for a musician to make it or the way it sounds? I mean, if someone can make a great sounding piece of music using just a few chords, who cares that it uses just a few chords? It sounds good to people's ears and very well could be the emotional outlet for some musician. I'll listen to something if it sounds good, whether it uses 3 simple chords or involves complex harmonies, modulation, chord progressions, etc.

He speaketh truth! ^^

EDIT:

Quote by Deliriumbassist
It took you this long to realise?

Ahhh that's funny to me *in stewie voice*
Quote by christ_on_acid
then i guess its just me then
why the **** did i bother anyway
no-one seems to care
"No one" doesn't have a hyphen.
Quote by kinzoku
i see what your saying. thats just the way of the time. im pissed at how popular Hip Hop is and all it takes is a drug dealer with some "Fat Rymes" to go and make millions. theres even kids shows surrounding hiphop in order to conform the next generation. it is a epidemic that needs to be stoped.

Just because you're a little suburban white boy, doesn't mean other people shouldn't enjoy hip-hop? Drug Dealer with Fat Rhymes? That's what's popular right now. You know what? Around 30-40 years ago, Rock was seen by others as Sinner, Drug user music, See how it turned out?
Quote by christ_on_acid
no-one seems to care

no one cares, because you're an idiot, and you don't know what you're talking about.
Quote by christ_on_acid
why am i,

You're a ****ing dolt, welcome to the '80s. Ever heard of a little thing called MTV? How about the radio?

And no, guitar is still evolving. Maybe you'd know that if you got off your high horse and used the "Influences" feature of myspace music.
Dickless.
Quote by christ_on_acid
**** this
**** you all
no wonder music is dying
stupied ****s

Why wait? I'm gonna call you an idiot right now.
Idiot.
Inhuman evil take down!
Quote by rasuya46
Na, I really feel where this guy is coming from. The majority of myspace bands are powerchord trioes like that guy said, and there really is no such thing as a "riff" anymore in most modern music, just rhythms...much less a guitar solo. It is a shame that everyone I know likes ****ty music, whether they realize it is **** or not, I don't know.

Why not shut up? Since when does a piece of music need a guitar solo to be great? People like you really tick me off. Forget about guitars and think about MUSIC!
There is poetry in despair.
I know what he's saying, you have your myspace green day impersonations who shame the guitar and should be banned from music, but I think Myspace is just as good as if you gave out demo tapes, like Iron Maiden did. Its just digital. I still try to use riffs when ****ing around on my guitar, its just that 12 year old billy-joe jackoffs wanna be greenday, so their rich daddy goes and buys them a gibson custom shop guitar, marshall stack and some recording **** and they have at it on myspace. I've seen it happen. I see where this guy is coming from, but, over reaction much?
Quote by StratoTele
The punji sticks only work if you use your own feces. Most brand names aren't reliable.

All I gotta do is put on a cool face...
Quote by christ_on_acid
**** this
**** you all
no wonder music is dying
stupied ****s

If you walk by a club and hear a band play you check them out.

Its the same with Myspace.

Go write the next Stairway on your 4 track if your so up yourself to not investigate new technology.
Quote by christ_on_acid
no-one seems to care

it's beacause you're making a huge-ass deal out of nothing. If there wasn't myspace how would alot of bands get through?

sure there are ****ty bands but there has always been. It's just a marketing tool and it's based on us. If the majority of people don't like music we discard it.

Alot of popular music on the radio is ****ty- why aren't you attacking the radio??

we care about music THATS WHY WE'RE ****ING MUSICIANS!!

what are you 5?
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
good one now I will start writing some riffs and not throw chords together and be an "idiot" lol but I will try to be one of the legends you talk about.
Quote by Orryn
It seems we don't ship products to where you are located. Perhaps if you make your way to our office in Somalia, we would be able to work something out.

Regardless of whether you come or not, we thank you for your bank details and cooperation.
Quote by demonmouse500
MySpace is killing people's will to live and further sapping the intelligence of human beings. But real music will never be compromised.

What's "real music"?
Quote by kirbyrocknroll
What's "real music"?
Music with guitar solos, duh!

Edit: After looking at this post, I realized that my sarcasm wasn't really that obvious, so I've added this little note to confirm that this post was indeed sarcastic.
Quote by kirbyrocknroll
What's "real music"?

That which will never be compromised.
Inhuman evil take down!
Quote by Joe-Fish
Just because you're a little suburban white boy, doesn't mean other people shouldn't enjoy hip-hop? Drug Dealer with Fat Rhymes? That's what's popular right now. You know what? Around 30-40 years ago, Rock was seen by others as Sinner, Drug user music, See how it turned out?

Still seen by many as "Sinner, Drug user music"? Somethings never change.
And I'll tell you all what is destroying music.
DEAF PEOPLE !!!!!!!
Argue with that logic.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Page 1 of 4