I was just going through my old CD collection and a couple complilation CD's I downloaded on a whim many years ago. And it's stuff I've long forgotten about, hell there's even some Sum 41 and Weird Al in there (this was back when I just started listening to rock music and not just country), stuff I've long since forgotten and for good reason. But also I found a couple of tracks that I really over looked back then. I'm re-discovering bands like Ra, Trustcompany, and Story of the Year. Just to name a few. And I'm finding new stuff to listen to just by listening to stuff I've forgotten. I know I probably made that sound like I found the cure for cancer, but it was just an intriguing thought.

Anyone else rummaged through old music and found/re-found artists they overlooked or forgot?
The Pit. The Movie.
Ra is good...it's impossible to find anything on them though 'cause their name is two friggin' letters...really poor planning on their part

i recently started going through my dad's Vinyl collection again
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Quote by RageAgainst...
Ra is good...it's impossible to find anything on them though 'cause their name is two friggin' letters...really poor planning on their part

i recently started going through my dad's Vinyl collection again

Agreed. As soon as I heard "Do you call my name" again. I went off trying to find more stuff from them. Which is harder then it looks when you can't use youtube.
The Pit. The Movie.
Just go to allmusic.com or something and find out other stuff by them and search for that on youtube or whatever other site you need.

You kind of made me expect to see you wanting to share some really old oddities and suggestions of things to check out. Obviously not...
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Well, all my music is on the computer, so I never really lose sight of any of it.
Don't Know that I would consider any those bands old really. Slightly dusty maybe.

John
Quote by Ta2dPagan
Don't Know that I would consider any those bands old really. Slightly dusty maybe.

John

I don't mean old as in age, but stuff you haven't listened to in awhile. I've only been listening to real rock music since about 2005. (Puritan in country music until then). So what might not be old to you is old to me.
The Pit. The Movie.