is it really that hard???

ok, i was watching a video, this dude had a tube thingy, forgot what material, the end of a pvc pip thing, and a speaker from his computer...he put the speaker inside the pipe end, and drilled a hole in the pipe end, put the tube in there, and air sealed it....

can i do that, put with something bigger??? cuz i have a car speaker, 6 by 9 or whatever, and was wondering if i could do it with that???

or, i have this battery powered speakers that hook up to ipod, or whatever...could i do it with that???
My Stuff:

Alvarez acoustic guitar
Peavey Rotor-EXP
BC RICH Warlock Bass
B (Fender Strat Knock off)

Johnson amp
Line 6 Spider III amp
Randall RG-300 Head Amp
its not to hard
just get a metal box and a horn driver and a on off button and some sergical tube from parts express.com itll cost like 30 bucks
anyother way though?? with my stuff??
My Stuff:

Alvarez acoustic guitar
Peavey Rotor-EXP
BC RICH Warlock Bass
B (Fender Strat Knock off)

Johnson amp
Line 6 Spider III amp
Randall RG-300 Head Amp
A car speaker would be really bulky. You have to basically "trap" the sound and get it to only come out through the tubing. Then you have to come up with an amplifier of some kind to get your guitar signal to come through the speaker.
MG Free At Last
unless you make it high quality, It won't sound as good as retail talkboxes
Quote by Invader Jim
How does a retail talkbox even work? Those are like the only FX I have no clue about.

I agree, all i know is it sends the sound with air though a series of tubes, and then you have the tube posisioned in front of your mouth and you can modifi the air, to modify the sounds. Helps to have a mic. lol.
you send the sound from your guitar to the talkbox, from there to your mouth through the tube, you distort it by letting different amounts of air moving in and out by opening and closing your mouth, a microphone sends the signal to the amp to be amplified, other effects can be added before or after the talkbox.

Basically that is how it works.... I would want one if I didn't need the mic....

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
I think the Danelectro version has built in mics. I hear it's pretty crappy, but it might be something to look into.
MG Free At Last