K i just want to know why everyone bashes the duncan invaders so much????? i just bought one for my acrylic lp, and i want to know wuts so bad about them???? i mean, synyster gates uses them, and his tone is awesome... i was just wonderin??
music=life
everything else is just details
lol
I've got something in my front pocket for you.
Why don't you reach down in my pocket and see what it is?
Then grab onto it, it's just for you.
Give a little squeeze and say: "How do you do?"
Muddy.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I don't know, I played a few in an RR3 through a DSL and thought it was pretty nifty, I have an EMG 81 in my Bridge position. I don't think they're bad, I think the selling point is the fat ****ing pole thingies sticking out teh top
Member of 7-string Legion
Wields S7320

. .___.
. (O,o)
. /)__)
. ^ ^

. O rly?
Muddy.

ya but syn gates's tone isnt muddy at all.... like when he sweeps, you can hear every note perfectly???
music=life
He probably has an amp that counters that.
Well... amp is 90 percent of your tone.
I think the invader is nice to have for heavy distortion, but not much else.
It has mediocre cleans, and it probably robs some of your sustain because of the big overmagnetized screw polepieces on the top.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
true.... well thanks, i was just wonderin wtf was wrong with it..... btw my guitar is heavy as sh1t and made out of acrylic, so sustain is not a big problem 4 me
music=life
All right, but I still wouldn't go with the invader.
It's not that it's gonna make your tone bad, its just that there is so many better pickups out there for the price.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
ya.... lol.... call me stupid but i already bought it... i just seen it was on sale, and that it is syns pickup so i bought it
music=life
Quote by kissmyaxe9
ya but syn gates's tone isnt muddy at all.... like when he sweeps, you can hear every note perfectly???

Studio recordings aren't always accurate representations of a player's skills.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
my amp is a zoom fire 30 (i know, ss amps suck, but i frickin love it!!!)
but ya, wuts so bad about acrylic+invader??
would the acrylic make it more muddy???
music=life
Invaders rock just make sure your other pick up has a nice clean tone to balance it out.Also if you put in a switch or push pull pot to split it you can get some really good tone options out of it.I put an Invader and split it in the bridge of one of my customs and put a passive emg copy in the neck and I use that guitar to play everything from C.C.R to Metallica.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
Invaders rock just make sure your other pick up has a nice clean tone to balance it out.Also if you put in a switch or push pull pot to split it you can get some really good tone options out of it.I put an Invader and split it in the bridge of one of my customs and put a passive emg copy in the neck and I use that guitar to play everything from C.C.R to Metallica.

ya , i got a really nice PAF for the neck, and im gettin the coil split.... does anyone have any schematics for a spin a spit????
music=life
thanks.... but like i said, its too late
music=life
In my opinion Synester Gate's live tone is horrid as is his sweep picking with the Invader because it picks up everything and makes good sweeping sound bad. Thats my opinion anyway, it might just be him though.
The only place I'v heard Invaders and liked them was with Nile, but they're tone is generic br00tal. The Invader is good for that and thats pretty much it...
Quote by forsaknazrael
Ah. Passive EMGs also suck.

Depends on what you want it for mine is an emg copy and the clean tones on it are amazingly clear and bright.Good for doing Skynyrd and stuff like that too.Whether this is true for regular emgs or other copies I can't say....
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09