well, i have been playing for about 3 days now.
im ok, i guess.
i need some songs that will be a challenge to me, but still possible for me to learn lol.
so far, the hardest thing i can play right now is the solo in "dream on" by aerosmith.
thnx guys.

*oh yea, and i know some chords, but i cant play scales too fast just yet*
i kno how to alternate pick, but not fuper fast
FightFor Honor, Fight For Your Life, Praying To God That Our Side Is Right.
-M.I.A.

Seize The Day or Die Regretting the Time you Lost is Empty and Cold Without You Here.
-Seize The Day
i would suggest something like comfortably numb or time. nice solos, somewhat easy, and they sound really cool
the chords forseize the day is pretty easy if you know the chords ( seeing that you like Avenged Sevenfold )
try playing "One" by Metallica. learn the intro, and then as you get better learn the next bit and the bit after it, cos the song gets harder and has pretty much everything in it! (including finger tapping soloing and alternate picking, but don't worry about that yet!)
thnx everyone, ill try them
-M.I.A.

Seize The Day or Die Regretting the Time you Lost is Empty and Cold Without You Here.
-Seize The Day
that's ok, it's always good to help out someone who wants to play music
on seize the day, im having trouble with the F chord lol.
-M.I.A.

-Seize The Day
playing an F chord
bar all the strings on the first fret with your index finger
put your middle finger on the second fret on the G string
put your ring finger and pinky on the 3rd fret on the A and D strings
its kinda tricky but youll get used to it :]
i found this song to be perfect for me when i began

more than a feeling - boston

it teaches you timing, chords, hammerons, pulloffs, a nice solo, chords switched with single acoustic notes, and its just so catchy, as i feel