so...my gf wants to go to the homecoming dance (****) and i have to dress semi formal, and im so confused...what's the difference between formal and semi formal, do i have to wear a tie?... what else should i wear?... so yeah can anybody help me? and post some pics too.
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
Quote by vlp_dope
so...my gf wants to go to the homecoming dance (****) and i have to dress semi formal, and im so confused...what's the difference between formal and semi formal, do i have to wear a tie?... what else should i wear?... so yeah can anybody help me? and post some pics too.

I think...think is the key word here, since I have never dressed semi formal, let alone full blown formal in my life that I am pretty sure semi formal means no jeans, and wearing a collared shirt. So maybe some khakis and a polo shirt will suffice?
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
I think...think is the key word here, since I have never dressed semi formal, let alone full blown formal in my life that I am pretty sure semi formal means no jeans, and wearing a collared shirt. So maybe some khakis and a polo shirt will suffice?

that would be informal...see its so fn confusing...
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
just wear a long sleeve button up shirt with some nice pants and maybe a suit

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
Quote by panterarocker
Just wear like pants that arent jeans a button up shirt and like a blazer jacket.

a blazer? isnt that like formal?

My profile
Quote by vlp_dope

no, formal is like an actual tux. a blazer isn't really required, like a nice shirt, slacks, and a tie would do for semi formal.
You are not a slave...
oh i understand...well thank you guys!

My profile
Quote by vlp_dope

Personally I just like the blazer to put a zippo in the inside pockets and pull it out like a badass.
Quote by panterarocker
Personally I just like the blazer to put a zippo in the inside pockets and pull it out like a badass.

or even some weed

My profile
Yeah some dress pants, khakis or whatever, and a shirt and tie sound like they would work for you.
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them
Shirt and tie, nice khakis, etc. No jacket necessary I don't think. I can't speak for every school, but at the two high school's I've gone too, they didn't really enforce the dress code anyway. It's just sorta traditional.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
alright great, im so excited! (sarcasm) thank you guys.

My profile
semi formal is like nice pants and a dress shirt, maybe polo shirt even
Whitest Kid U' Know of the Bass Militia
PM Dinky Daisy to join

Originally posted by Civildp1
I can't drink tequila anymore. it makes me do terrible things. Terrible naked things.
Ok...

Casual = jeans and t-shirt.
Business casual = khakis, button down shirt, shoes
Semi-formal = suit
Formal = tuxedo

So for a semi-formal dance, you should wear a suit.

As far as tips... Shine your shoes. Make sure your belt matches your shoes. Shave or edge your beard. You should get a tie and pocket handkerchief that matches her dress. If you can't decide on a shirt, white never fails. Long sleeved only. Make sure the cuff of the shirt reaches to the base of your hand and shows from under the jacket sleeves.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Oct 5, 2007,
if it's for you gf...

go all out and wear a tux.
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
Quote by vlp_dope

generally speaking semi means suit/blazer and tie.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
is the jacket really necessary?

My profile
damn...those are expensive...and im broke..

My profile
where some black slacks and a white button down long sleeved collard shirt... "administrative colors" ftw then some shiny black shoes... not too formal but not casual either
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
actually the jacket is not necessary. If you go suit, it's best if it's a dark colour (navy, black, dark grey etc). Remember to wear nice shoes and a belt with it.
You may also choose to go with dark pants and a nice shirt without the tie or jacket. Dark pants doesn't mean jeans, it's the pants that come with a suit. Shirt should be a solid colour. Tie should also be a solid colour or a decent pattern (no comics etc).

Also remember to shave if it looks messy, do your hair niceley etc.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
yeah i suggest going with what i said but either go with black or navy blue... and a blazer wouldnt hurt either...
Quote by vlp_dope

Dress pants or khakis, a proper collard shirt and a tie if you'd like.

Have a fun night.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Oct 5, 2007,
I went to a semi-formal that REQUIRED shirt and tie, otherwise I wouldn't be let in.
It was dumb... I had to go back home and get my tie.
You don't need a suit on most occasion. Though, you might need everything but the suit jacket.
yeah im gonna wear a tie for sure but im not sure yet if i can wear a jacket...because i dont have one lol...and i dont wanna buy one because i will never use it...

My profile
I wore a t-shirt over a dress shirt, with a tie attached on the outside, and a pair of jeans to a semi-formal one time.

Hahaha.
Real eyes realise real lies.
Quote by vlp_dope
yeah im gonna wear a tie for sure but im not sure yet if i can wear a jacket...because i dont have one lol...and i dont wanna buy one because i will never use it...

Just get one from a thrift store its like three bucks.
at my schools semi formal this year i wore jeans and converse with a nice button shirt, and i wasnt close to being the least formally dressed at all..

but i guess it varies from school to school.
I named my acoustic guitar Paris, cause' its got a big hole
tuxuedo t-shirt FTW

i've got one
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
learn some green day. they are totally brutal.
yeah usually when i have to dress formal (which is liek nvr) i just got to a thrift store cause chances are im only gonna be wearing it once haha