can anyone suggest to me..a fuzz pedal that sounds like a 60s garage band but just a little bit heavier\thicker ie. Mudhoney, the black keys, blue cheer, MC5

right now i'm leaning towards the Mad Dog Fuzz. i'm not liking the russian big muff but i'm yet to try the green which i've heard is very good.

anyone suggest another?
I'd try a Double Big Muff and a Metal Muff, either might give you a well suited fuzz sound.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
USA Big Muff
1950s Reissue Fender Stratocaster
Epiphone Gold Top Les Paul
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Ibanez TS-9
Boss BF-3
Boss DD-6
Wylde Signature Cry Baby
DigiTech Whammy 4
Mudhoney used the Russian Big Muffs, I think.

Edit - Nope, they used the American Electro-Harmonix ones.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Last edited by DaddyTwoFoot at Oct 5, 2007,
Quote by rastaman_Marley
....a metal muff....for a 60s garage sound?

it's also gotta begood for rhythm and lead

You don't gotta have the gain up to 10 and the mids down to 0 all the time. It might worth trying out. It's based on a Big Muff, but with a three band EQ and high boost.

And I also suggested the Double Big Muff, it's like a BM, but double.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Last edited by STABxYOU at Oct 5, 2007,
ok, i'll try them out...any other suggestions?

..i was afraid of this happening...i could've gone to any other thread to be told "the big muffs are the best"....does anyone have anything to contribute about something that isn't a big muff
Well, there's the Fuzz Face. The Muff basically just has the sound you're looking for.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
^The Dunlop Fuzz Face reissue is god awful.

Quote by STABxYOU
You don't gotta have the gain up to 10 and the mids down to 0 all the time. It might worth trying out. It's based on a Big Muff, but with a three band EQ and high boost.

And I also suggested the Double Big Muff, it's like a BM, but double.

It really isn't like a BMP at all. It's more like the Nano Muff Overdrive, considering they're both based on the same circuit..
^ Ahh, I've been wondering what it was based on. I was hoping it was more like a Double Muff with the 3 band EQ.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
What are you looking to spend? The Z Vex Fuzz Factory has a variety of fuzzes that you can dial up in the thing, including quite a few that amount to little more than insane feedback. Should be able to get about as aggressive as you want. $175, I think, for the Vexter model.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
whatever you do do not go for a usa big muff, they suck and they also suck your tone dry of all it's richness and for a black keys tone they also fail.

i am yet to find a good one i may have a look on youtube later on and get some soundclips. I'll let you know if i find anything interesting.

good luck
Quote by rastaman_Marley
and where might i find this analogman sun face? i live in brisbane so the store name will help

Don't worry about it. It's probably twice the money of the Vexter Fuzz Factory.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
turns out i'm going to have to save a little more.

what about the Proco Dirty rat? it's a choice of the Dirty rat or the ZVex or the Voodoolabs.

which one is the most value for money? the only one i've tried is the Proco and it's quite good from the ten minutes i spent with it
Last edited by rastaman_Marley at Oct 22, 2007,
Have you looked at BBEs Free Fuzz? Its sounds pretty agressive, look at the youtube clips.

Edit. Its actually based on a 60's Fuzz Face, i really think its what you're looking for.
Last edited by Chinomaster182 at Oct 22, 2007,
harmony central tells me it's pretty dark sounding....that's not really a good thing for me and i have a pretty dark sound with my LP-wah-carvin 212. but then i'm getting a hollowstrat soon..but i still want a nice sound with my LP and don't wantto have to resort to my strat when i want fuzz....so maye something with a tone control