looking to get an epiphone G-400 SG and have AY signature bridge pickup. good idea?
MY GEAR!
Fender Starcaster
Epiphone SG Custom Shop LE
Vox AD15VT
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby from Hell

Kirk Hammett = my half filipino metal idol :P
a bad frontman 15r, looking to get new amp
MY GEAR!
Fender Starcaster
Vox AD15VT

amp > guitar. FOR THAT U CAN GET A USED CLASSIC 30!!!! DO THAT NOW!!!
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Well first off the G-400 seems like a great value guitar, i've played it a few times in the store and if you want a new guitar i'd say go with that. Of course make sure to try it yourself.

However as everyone else said invest in a good amp first, won't do much to have a nice G-400 playing through a Frontman amp.
If you raise your budget a bit you could probably get both the guitar and amp if not, for the price of a G-400 you could probably get a used Blues Junior or some other small tube amp.

There are also the Vox valvetronix line of amps which are great for bedroom use and practice.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
vox AD15VT right?
MY GEAR!
Fender Starcaster
Vox AD15VT

na, i like the AD50VT more
MY GEAR!
Fender Starcaster
Vox AD15VT

^ Yeah that's pretty good, especially for just bedroom practice.

You could also consider the tube amps, which sound good and can get fairly loud, but if your just gonna play quietly and don't have much cash the Valvetronix is probably one of the better amps on a budget I own the ad30vt and it's a great amp for the price. You can get an idea for effects and such too.

Edit: At the price of a Vox ad50vt a tube amp worth trying out is the Blues Junior, doesn't have all the effects and models but a pretty nice toned tube amp. From what I hear from other users you might be able to use this with a band.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Blonde-Blues-Junior-Guitar-Amp?sku=480491
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Oct 6, 2007,
moved
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure